A Dachshund Cake

Decorating By mstobiano Updated 21 Jun 2011 , 4:09pm by lisatp123

mstobiano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mstobiano Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 5

I need help on how to make a dachshund cake and I need to make it by the 20th. I can't find any info on how to do this. any help would be great. Thank you for your time mstobiano. icon_surprised.gif

4 replies
DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 19 Oct 2010 , 4:29pm
post #2 of 5

I would use a couple loaf pans for the body - use another loaf pan to make the legs, head & tail!
U could do it so its sitting down and the legs are lying down - Prop the head up with a dowel!

I also found this great dachshund cake!
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-682831-0-days0-orderasc-.html

MissFluff Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissFluff Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 4:28pm
post #3 of 5

I am making a shetland sheepdog cake in a week or so. I have looked high and I have looked low for a sheltie or a collie cake pan. Nothing! I can't draw to save my life, and I don't think I am ready to tackle a fancy 3D cake yet so I went online and bought a cheap (about $1.20) sheltie cookie cutter. I am just going to cut out shapes of shelties and maybe some bones for the cake with cookie cutters.

After you make your cake though I would love to see it. I have a friend that has a daschund, and I wouldn't mind trying a daschund cake. icon_biggrin.gif

DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 5

It also might be easier to use rice krispies for the head of the dog!
They do sell the scooby doo dog cake pan (maybe you could use that as a guideline!)

Good luck ladies!

lisatp123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lisatp123 Posted 21 Jun 2011 , 4:09pm
post #5 of 5

Ladies,
I am also in need of making the dachsund cake. Please email me this document from the cut up cakes book that you mentioned at [email protected]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%