Help Please! Cupcakes Super Dry :(

Baking By devorie Updated 17 Oct 2010 , 10:35pm by devorie

devorie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
devorie Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 3:00pm
post #1 of 5

Before I posted this topic I ran a search and cannot find an answer on how to fix this.

I made 40 cupcakes for a friend's sons birthday party which will take place in about 4 hours. The cupcakes came out delicious (used my regular white cupcake recipe)....and dry.

I technically can ignore my kids for the next hour or so while I make a new batch, or I can attempt to fix these. Any ideas? I was thinking of putting in a filling, but what filling is going to make the rest of the cupcake moist - not just what is in the immediate vicinity of the filling? All and any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

4 replies
EWVA314 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EWVA314 Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 3:24pm
post #2 of 5

You could try a medium thick slurry of sugar and water and inject that. It's not the best solution but will do in a pinch

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 5

You can inject filling onto the cupcake in three places. That's how I fill all my cupcakes. Instead of just in the center. I use tip 8. Filling in every bite!

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 5

a simple syrup will moisten the surface - heat equal parts water and sugar til it disolves, brush over (can add flavourings if you want). to much syrup will just turn them soggy though.
hopefully the kids wont notice or care, and will just stuff them down! and even most adults probably wont notice unless they are really dry.
although with 4 hours, id say thats enough time to rebake. which really might eb the best option (although if the adults arent eating them, simple syrup and extra icing - young kids wont care!)
xx

devorie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
devorie Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 10:35pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks all,

I ended up with just a plain cream filling and had people coming over to me at the party telling me that they were the best cupcakes they've ever had. I guess that I do tend to be a bit more picky than other people (I did find it dry even with the filling) and I tend to be my worst critic.

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%