Best Way To Get Attached Image Onto A Lifesize Guitar Cake?

Decorating By chikadodle Updated 18 Oct 2010 , 1:19am by chikadodle

chikadodle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chikadodle Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 11:29pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone,

I'm doing a life-size replica of the attached guitar for a wedding in November (link #1). The image on the guitar is based on some album cover art (link #2). Since I don't have an airbrush (and have no airbrush experience whatsoever), that wouldn't be the best avenue for me. I'm considering trying to order edible images of the art and laying them onto the guitar before putting on the neck and strings. Would this work and if so, does anyone have any suggestions of where to order the images online? Any other suggestions are very welcome, the edible images were just my first thought. Thank you all for any help!

3 replies
chikadodle Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 8:18pm
post #2 of 4

Any ideas out there?

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 4

I've been wracking my brain ever since I read your post yesterday. I'm hoping the experts at icingimages.com see this on Monday. You might want to post this in that forum.

Try to be patient. A lot of people are busy on the weekends. icon_smile.gif

chikadodle Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 1:19am
post #4 of 4

Thanks for that icingimages information, Diane! It's funny because I can usually figure things out pretty well for myself (I'm self taught in the cake department) but I've never used the edible images so I have no idea at all whether they'd work like I want them to.

I will be patient and keep my fingers crossed that someone out there can help! Thanks! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%