Dense Cake?????

Baking By JustBakedCakes Updated 17 Oct 2010 , 7:34pm by JustBakedCakes

JustBakedCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustBakedCakes Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 3:42am
post #1 of 5

I'm making a Vanilla cake for a 1 year olds birthday for this Sunday. I've made this same recipe in the past and it comes out very dense. Not dry but hard to swallow. Is this typically the consistency of a Vanilla cake or am I missing something. I follow all my recipes to a "t". Is there something I can add or take out to change it to a fluffier cake?? Note that I will be adding fondant/gumpast decor to one side of it, "Happy Feet" the movie. So I still need to know that it will hold up. Any suggestions please. I'm going to bake on Saturday Morning!! TIA!

4 replies
sweetheart6710 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetheart6710 Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 4:49am
post #2 of 5

Try looking up the WASC recipe here on CC. It's a doctored cake mix, which is dense enough to cover in fondant, and stack, (and carve) but it isn't like a rock. It's my go-to vanilla cake

Sweet_Toof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Toof Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 12:12pm
post #3 of 5

Maybe too much flour? What's the recipe? Is it dry to swallow? Maybe you need some butter or oil?

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 1:26pm
post #4 of 5

We need to see the recipe like the previous poster said. And how do you prepare it?

JustBakedCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustBakedCakes Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 7:34pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks guys but I found another recipe and it was great!! Still not sure about eh other recipe but I won't use it again!! Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%