Supplies In Chicago Area- Need Help!

Decorating By m420chelle Updated 17 Oct 2010 , 3:08am by m420chelle

m420chelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m420chelle Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 11:51pm
post #1 of 3

I hope someone on here can help out. I am traveling to Chicago next week and I making a cake for someone while I am there. I ordered supplies from GSA with plenty of time to spare and had them shipped directly to Chicago...however 1 of the 2 boxes has been lost by UPS! I can reorder the items from GSA Monday morning and will have them Wednesday AM in Chicago but I want a backup plan in case something happens to the new shipment.

So my question is...Where in Chicago can I purchase chocolate satin ice fondant, petal dust and First Impression Molds? I will be in the NW suburbs but will have access to a car so I can drive somewhere if I need to get supplies. Please help!!

2 replies
cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 16 Oct 2010 , 12:23am
post #2 of 3

There's not a lot to choose from, but there is the Wilton Homewares Store in the Western 'burbs: (their corp hqtrs is nearby) of course, they sell primarily Wilton products.
7511 Lemont Rd. (corner of Lemont & 75th St.)
Darien, IL
630-985-6000

I've never been here, but have wanted to try it:
http://cakewalkchicago.com/
It's not anywhere near the NW suburbs, however.

One caution is to be mindful of travel times....Chicago traffic really bites!

m420chelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m420chelle Posted 17 Oct 2010 , 3:08am
post #3 of 3

Thanks...I knew about the Wilton store and I checked out Cakewalk's website. Looks like that will be my best backup plan if something happens with my reorder. I know all about Chicago traffic- I was born there and lived there until I was 10 and then my hubby and I lived there for 6 years after college. I hate how everything is focused on getting into downtown Chicago...not everything is downtown! Thanks for the tips!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%