How Do I....use Candy Melts To Make The Giant Cupcake

Sugar Work By CakeLady1981 Updated 21 Oct 2010 , 8:28am by doramoreno62

CakeLady1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeLady1981 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 6:29pm
post #1 of 8

I melted my chocolate but did not prep the cake pan in any way and of course it did not release from the pan....I have seen it done in pictures on here but don't know how to do it!!

Should i spray it with cooking spray? I thought of that but thought the chocolate would just make it pool up and wouldn't work...any ideas would be great thanks!!!

Also...I used almond bark....does it matter that it wasnt the candy melts?

7 replies
bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 8

I dont have an answer for you, sorry, but I am curious to what you are talking about. I've never heard of candy melts to make a giant cupcake...

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 7:16pm
post #3 of 8

here you go!
http://craftychicmommy.blogspot.com/2010/01/mmmma-giant-cupcakein-time-for.html

unfortunately she didnt mention anything about how to make it not stick.

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 7:25pm
post #4 of 8

When I made mine, I just melted the candy melts and poured them directly in the pan, no spray, used a pastry brush to coat the sides and get into all the folds, then placed in the refrigerator. I think it only takes 15 mins, but I left mine in longer. The shell came right out, just tapped the sides and bottom slightly and invertied it. I have not used almond bark, so don't know if it makes a difference. HTH

dutchy1971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dutchy1971 Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 7:41pm
post #5 of 8

I have done the same as hobbycaker with no problems, popped right out for me. Only difference was I popped mine in the freezer for about 20 mins.

Could you not use saran wrap? just make sure you get the chocolate in all the folds of the pan

bakincakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakincakin Posted 15 Oct 2010 , 7:53pm
post #6 of 8

When I did mine, I used white chocolate chips, melted them and poured in the mold then painted it up the sides to coat it. Placed in refridgerator for 5-10 mins. It came out real easy and nice.

lizzycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizzycakes Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 7:52am
post #7 of 8

Try refrigerating the pan BEFORE you add the chocolate, (and then of course after you add it)

I read somewhere (probably here) that a cooled pan prior to pouring helped it release better

I have made the giant cupcake this way twice with no problem.. the second time I didn't refrigerate first, and it still came right out.

I did use candy melts though.. I didn't even have to turn my pan upside down to get it out. I just reached in and slid it out (four fingers inside pan, thumb on the outside)

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 21 Oct 2010 , 8:28am
post #8 of 8

Just a thought...What if you poured the melted bark around the cupcake base (turned upside down) like covering a petit four? I've never done this but it might work. And if it does, it would be alot easier, at least I think!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%