Colouring Fondant - Purple/eggplant Colour Needed Help!

Decorating By BabyKat Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 5:17pm by BabyKat

BabyKat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyKat Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 4:25pm
post #1 of 4

Hello all,

I am making a wedding cake for next weekend. The cake is to have a bow on top in the shade of the bridesmaids dresses. (pic attached) it is a purple/eggplant shade. What colour or combination would work best to create this shade. Help is greatly appreaciated!

Thanks
Katherine

3 replies
BabyKat Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 4

for some reason it won't let post my attachement....I have tried everything??

Here is a link
http://www.lovebyenzoani.com/main.html
Go to Love
Go to 2009 collection
Go to A18, eggplant colour

Thank you.

TrixieTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrixieTreats Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 4:54pm
post #3 of 4

This is what I found for eggplant.

Eggplant Mix Navy Blue into the amount of icing you are going to use for your project. Then mix Super Red into a smaller amount of icing. Add the Super Red icing to the Navy Blue icing until you get the eggplant color you want.
You can also try it with Royal Blue instead of Navy Blue, depending on the shade of eggplant you want.

What I normally do is take a pretty small piece of fondant (like a ball the size of a quarter) and try the combo on the small piece to not only avoid messing up a batch of fondant if it doesn't come out correctly, but also because it colors so quickly. Keep track of your ratios. Then when you achieve the color you are looking for, apply it the same way to the larger batch.

BabyKat Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you so much! I was going to do some experimenting on small amounts icon_wink.gif Don't want to waste any fondant!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%