One Birthday Cake For 5 Different People ... Help!!!

Decorating By Tiffany0481 Updated 11 Oct 2010 , 5:20pm by Tiffany0481

Tiffany0481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany0481 Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 6

Ok ... this month my family is having a joint birthday party for our October birthdays. It will be for 5 different people of varying ages. My dad -- turning 49 -- who owns his own construction business, is a hunter and loves to ride his motocycle. My Aunt -- turning 51 -- who is a girly girl real estate agent who likes to travel. My brother -- turning 22 -- who is into video games, paint ball and having fun. Other brother -- turning 18 -- who is into skateboarding and my step-son -- turning 9 -- who likes video games, football, and normal 9 year-old boy stuff.

My dilemma? Creating one cake for all of these people! I was thinking about doing a small three tier cake with each tier representing something for each person. So for example, the bottom tier would maybe be covered in Camo colored marble fondant and have decorations such as a hunting scene ... then the next one would be video games, paintball, skate boarding and maybe a football and the top tier would be girly.

I am just not seeing this come together. I need to do it today for tomorrow. I would greatly appreciate if someone would offer some suggestions to help me out.

Thank you!!

5 replies
imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susieqhomemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susieqhomemaker Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 3:12pm
post #3 of 6

I like your idea for the 3 tiered cake with the tiers representing their interests. It was actually what I was thinking of doing before I even read that paragraph!
Good luck!

what_a_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
what_a_cake Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 3:17pm
post #4 of 6

Maybe you can figure out an adaptation of this cake that goes through the different satges in the life of a gentleman to the different ages and interests of your family members:

http://imgsrc.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1327806

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 3:26pm
post #5 of 6

OMG what_a_cake, that's the cake I was looking for! All over my hard drives... all over the internet. I mentioned it in my post. Thanks for the link. I'll make sure I don't lose it again!

Tiffany0481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany0481 Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 5:20pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you everyone for the ideas!! Starting to make the cake now!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%