Suspend Rocket Launchers/engines On Little Einsteins Rocket

Decorating By ylescu Updated 10 Oct 2010 , 3:42pm by CakesbyCarla

ylescu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ylescu Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 1:07pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone know how to do this? I'll be making a 3D Little Einsteins rocket and that's the only part that's stumping me. The cake will be fondant covered, and I'd like to make the launchers out of cake too if possible.

HELP?!?! icon_smile.gif

3 replies
CakesbyCarla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCarla Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 1:25pm
post #2 of 4

A pic or a link would be helpful...

ylescu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ylescu Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 2:46pm
post #3 of 4

something like this, i still want the launchers attached but suspended to the side of the rocket. I'm stumped as to how to support the weight of the launchers

CakesbyCarla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyCarla Posted 10 Oct 2010 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 4

Ok. Thank you for the visual. I see your quandry. If I were doing it, I would make those side dealies out of RCT, cover in fondant, decorate etc.

Then, I'd take a two skewers and cut them down a little (so they will be able to go about from the booster to about 2-3 inches in side the cake, so maybe 5-6 inches long total.

Put a little royal icing or white chocolate (or almond bark works too) on them and stick them through the wing and up into the booster part.

I'd try space them a little bit apart, on a horizontal plane. This should provide both balance (so it doesn't want to slide upside down later) and enough support.

Then, what I'd do, is line up where you want to insert the wing on the cake. Gently mark with the skewers where those holes will be. After marking, take two small drinking straws, cut them to about 2-3 inches long and stick them into the cake where you marked it. Take care to insert them at the same angle as your skewers.

Fill the straws with melted white chocolate or almond bark. Give it a second to begin to thicken up, and then insert your skewers into the straws. You can also put a little melted chocolate/bark where the wing makes contact with the ship for added strength and help keep it flush to the ship. Just hold it here for a few minutes until that outer part is dry. It won't take long for the chocolate/bark inside the straws to set up as well.

I hope that all makes sense. Let me know if you need clarification. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%