When To Bake Cupcakes?

Baking By buggus Updated 6 Oct 2010 , 10:47pm by Kamstor

buggus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buggus Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 1:12pm
post #1 of 7

I have 130 cupcakes to bake for a wedding, and I work full time. I can't take the day off from my full-time job before the wedding to bake the cupcakes, so do you think spreading them out over 2 days in the evenings will be okay?? Or they won't be fresh enough??

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 1:20pm
post #2 of 7

Starting baking them and freezing them.Cupcakes take very well to being frozen and thawed...Just take them out and ice and you are set...

buggus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buggus Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 7

Oh wow, I never even thought to freeze them. But will the freezing affect the cupcake liner??

ellentwn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellentwn Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 1:37pm
post #4 of 7

I never had a problem with the paper pulling away. I've frozen cuppies for up to 2 weeks.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 4 Oct 2010 , 2:45pm
post #5 of 7

me too...never had a problem.

Megabot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Megabot Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 4:37pm
post #6 of 7

Do you ice while still frozen or let them thaw first? Can you make the frosting early too?

Kamstor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kamstor Posted 6 Oct 2010 , 10:47pm
post #7 of 7

I just recently did a wedding where I had to make 150 cupcakes and like you I work full time. I spend the Saturday before the wedding baking and froze all 150 cupcakes. Each dozen I wrapped in saran wrap then covered in tin foil. I defrosted the cupcakes first and they came out SUPER MOIST then I frosted them the day before the wedding.

I got great reviews and all went smooth.

Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%