Stabilizing Bettercreme?

Baking By madgab Updated 3 Oct 2010 , 9:36pm by tokazodo

madgab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgab Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 12:09am
post #1 of 14

(In and out of freezer) This bettercreme whipped icing is still running all over the place.. Please, any suggestions????

13 replies
deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 12:23am
post #2 of 14

I would pm Melvira-she is the queen of Bettercreme

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 12:27am
post #3 of 14

Probably didn't whip it enough....

feliciangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feliciangel Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 12:33am
post #4 of 14

keep whipping it'll get to the right consistency...just takes a long while.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 12:57am
post #5 of 14

It's not whipped long enough if you over whip it you can add more liquid to it

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 1:13am
post #6 of 14

Which attachment are you using on your mixer?
And what kind of mixer are you using?

madgab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgab Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 1:42am
post #7 of 14

It is store bought from sam's club. Rich's bettercreme. Says not to whip it. Should I?

tokazodo Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 1:49am
post #8 of 14

http://www.rich.com/product_info.cfm?catid=6159

The website has several products, one of which looks like you can use it straight out of the bag, tip included.
But I see a small container that looks small milk carton.

which product did you purchase?

feliciangel Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 2:00am
post #9 of 14

did you get the bucket or the carton.... for the carton I've used both the whip attachment and the paddle one.

If the bucket from the bakery its should be ready to use and not need anymore whipping...

I've only ever bought one bucket but was kinda like a stabilized whipped cream took some time to get the hang of of it.

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 2:01am
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgab

It is store bought from sam's club. Rich's bettercreme. Says not to whip it. Should I?

This is pre-whipped stuff, not the frozen quarts you whip yourself.

I guess you could try adding some PS to it.............

When I whip my own, I stiffen it by adding instant pudding mix that has been mixed with hot water to make a paste. I'd think that if you mixed some of this paste in with the pre-whipped stuff, it would stiffen it.

HTH
Rae

tokazodo Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 9:20am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

Quote:

When I whip my own, I stiffen it by adding instant pudding mix that has been mixed with hot water to make a paste. I'd think that if you mixed some of this paste in with the pre-whipped stuff, it would stiffen it.

HTH
Rae

Blakescakes, this sounds very interesting and yummy! Does this act like a whip cream stabilizer? How does it hold up? Are you willing to share any recipes for this stuff?
tnx! icon_lol.gif

feliciangel Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 6:12pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokazodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakesCakes

Quote:

HTH
Rae

Blakescakes, this sounds very interesting and yummy! Does this act like a whip cream stabilizer? How does it hold up? Are you willing to share any recipes for this stuff?
tnx! icon_lol.gif

look in the forums search for bettercreme fun...Melvira hooks us up with all the lil tips and recipes icon_lol.gif

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 8:19pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokazodo

tnx! icon_lol.gif

Sure. I purchase the frozen liquid Bettercreme in quarts--chocolate & vanilla--at my local GFS.

When I need a cake filling, I whip up some Bettercreme to soft peaks. In another bowl, I take a box of instant pudding mix or Dr. Oetker instant mousse mix and make a loose paste using some hot water (the amount differs based on the mix used). I add some of the whipped Bettercreme to the paste to loosen it up more and then transfer all of that into the rest of the whipped Bettercreme. I mix that for up to 30 seconds in order to get it well incorporated. Done.

Because I haven't used any dairy products in it, it's shelf stable for up to 5 days at temps below 80-85 degrees.

I call these mousse fillings and when I use cheesecake pudding mix, that one tastes just like the Costco cheesecake mousse filling. If you want a really strong filling flavor, use 2 packs of pudding mix. I find that one package + 1 cup of Bettercreme, whipped, makes about 3 cups of nicely flavored filling.

HTH
Rae

tokazodo Posted 3 Oct 2010 , 9:36pm
post #14 of 14

Wowzzers! This looks yummy, I'm going to have to check it out! Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%