I discovered tonight a new recipe:
1 cup never ending optimism
2 cakes to work on
5 quart KA
Be sure to remove the part in your brain that can successfully determine how many batches of SMBC will fit in your KA at one time
1. Begin optimistically cracking open and separating 3 cups of egg whites.
2. Add 4 1/2 cups sugar and whisk vigorously over a shallow pan of water in the KA bowl until it reaches 140 degrees F.
3. All is still well. Start whipping in the KA until the meringue starts to overflow from the top of the KA.
4. Pause to regroup.
5. Determine if you remove part of the not whipped to firm meringue into a bowl you will have room in the bowl to finish whipping it to firm.
6. Resume whipping
7. Pause once again to remove more meringue because it is once again cresting the bowl, wipe splattered meringue off sides of KA bowl, counter and the spot it landed on your arm.
8. Resume whipping
9. Achieve stiff peaks.
10. Dump the stiff meringue into another large bowl, pour the partly firm meringue back into the KA bowl and resume whipping.
11. Resume whipping.
12. Now with 2 part full bowls of meringue, switch to the paddle and start beating the meringue.
13. Pause to hope that beating the meringue will reduce it enough to be able to fit it all in.
14. Take a shot of whatever liquor is handy
15. Wipe forehead
17. Alternate adding meringue from the meringue bowl and butter from the butter bowl
18. Realize that its not all going to fit afterall
19. Take another shot to steady your throbbing headache
20. Start to try to figure out how to balance the amount of remaining meringue in the side bowl with the amount of butter needed to make it SMBC as well.
21. Wipe buttered fingers on your apron, wipe meringue off your cheek, the counters, the cabinets.
22. Complete beating the SMBC in the KA bowl.
23. Pause to pour it out into yet another clean bowl
24. Add remaining butter and meringue to the KA bowl and let-r-rip
25. Realize you did it too fast and lick the corner of your mouth to find butter, not meringue
26. Turn KA on slower speed
27. Take another shot.
28. Start wiping down ceiling, walls, floors, change your clothes and apron
29. Start giggling maniacally because now the remaining mixture in the bowl is going liquid instead of fluffly.
30. Walk away.
31. Return 20 minutes later, much fortified by several strong drinks and turn on the KA again.
1. Grab a shot of the hair of the dog
2. Decorate quickly and surely with fantastic buttercream.
this sounds like one of my 'recipes'!
LOL That's great!!!
Sounds like something that would happen to me, love the recipe!!
We can completely compare notes on steps 26-28.
oh yeah.....I've been there!!!!! Loved the way you described it though!!!!
hahahaha! You made my day! I can totally relate