New To Cake Central And Cake Decorating

Decorating By Chapetta Updated 8 Oct 2010 , 5:08pm by amygortoncakes

Chapetta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chapetta Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 7:22pm
post #1 of 7

Hello all.

Am new and wanted to introduce myself since I have found this site to be pretty informative and will be sticking around for a while.

Just a few things about myself. I love cooking. I especially love eating what I cook. About a year and a half ago I lost my job and became a stay-at-home dad. I would cook everyday for my wife and send her food for lunch and if they had parties at the office. One of her co-workers requested a cake for a birthday party, so it began. Turning something I love doing into something I love to do and get paid for it. So with the holidays coming up, am working up getting some more work from co-workers, friends, family, etc..

I am going through the site now, looking over things. Any practical advice or tips would be appreciated.

6 replies
mimido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimido Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 7:39pm
post #2 of 7

Welcome Chapetta You will find alot of useful information here. Enjoy !

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 7

Hi and Welcome to CC Chapetta. icon_smile.gif

Everything you need to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

The above super thread has popular CC recipes for American buttercreams, several types of fondant and doctored cake mix (WASC with flavor variations) - and so much more!

HTH

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 11:25pm
post #4 of 7

Welcome to CC! You will soon find that this site is addictive! icon_biggrin.gif

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 4:25pm
post #5 of 7

Welcome to the fun! This is an amazing community...hope you enjoy your time here!

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 2 Oct 2010 , 6:04pm
post #6 of 7

Welcome! Have fun. icon_smile.gif

amygortoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amygortoncakes Posted 8 Oct 2010 , 5:08pm
post #7 of 7

I am new as well and I would suggest atleast taking the Wilton's classes offered through local craft stores like Michaels. I really wanted to learn how to work with fondnat and was a little put off that I had to take the buttercream class first, but you learn a ton of tricks and techniques I never would have been able to figure out on my own. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%