Help!!! I Need Letters

Decorating By MizzPricey Updated 16 Jan 2011 , 8:30pm by graciesj

MizzPricey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MizzPricey Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 4:32am
post #1 of 9

Hi im new to cake decorating and ive just started making cakes. Alot of clients i make cakes for like to have A letter as a cake topper...so Far ive been going to michaels and buying wooden letters to stick on top of the cake. But they only have one kind of wooden letter. And its just too plain. I would like something a little more fancey. Something i can decorate with rhinestones myself. And something i can buy wholesale. Does anyone know where i can go to buy letters wholesale for the tops of my cake???

8 replies
cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 5:06am
post #2 of 9

You could always make the letter out of fondant or gumpaste. Then you can do any style you want.

NatD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NatD Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 5:34am
post #3 of 9

and you can find different fonts online and enlarge them to the size you want and use that as a stencil with the gumpaste to cut out your letter....then you can do any type of letter...

MYOM-Dominic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MYOM-Dominic Posted 30 Sep 2010 , 11:13pm
post #4 of 9

All the suggestions here are great. The only thing i would add is that once you have made a letter that you like, make a mold of it so you can capture the details and easy and quickly reproduce it for your cakes in the future.

Dominic icon_smile.gif

graciesj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
graciesj Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 1:00am
post #5 of 9

great adviceicon_smile.gif I've been looking on line and the moulds are veery expensive , and I came this forum discussion. How would you make a mold to a letter or anything for that matter? thank-you

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 1:10am
post #6 of 9

To make a mold, get "Amazing Mold Putty". It's quick and easy.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 1:39am
post #7 of 9

That Amazing Mold Putty is fabulous!! I use it all the time!

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 2:06am
post #8 of 9

I found rhinestone letters at Hobby Lobby. Not in the cake section, but in the wedding/bridal isle. They are super reasonable!

graciesj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
graciesj Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 8:30pm
post #9 of 9

Awesome ladies thank-you very much for responding. I appreciate it very muchicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%