Need Ideas For A Cake

Decorating By Cake-maker Updated 1 Oct 2010 , 8:08am by cake_architect

Cake-maker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-maker Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 3:08am
post #1 of 5

I have an order for October and they want a over the hill cake, the lady will be 50, not sure where to start. I am now trying to think of a way to make this cake great. I just opened the doors to my business and this will be one of the first official orders for me and I want it to be great, I want people to say wow where did you get this cake at? lol. Any ideas will help! thanks!

4 replies
amyoungbl00d5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyoungbl00d5 Posted 29 Sep 2010 , 3:21am
post #2 of 5

Have you googled over the hill cakes? Or even done a search on CC? That's where I would start. You can even ask her places she has been and where she would like to go and do a cake with signs and landmarks. I did a cake like that...A woman wanted a cake with him on a motorcycle and a road with landmarks in his life. Although I wasn't happy with the cake..they were. I thought my motorcycle and man were pitiful but they loved it. Hope that helps...Remember don't worry about it being Amazing...for your shop. The cake is for your client...Capture who she is..make a cake that will resemble her or her life..to make her happy! Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

Cake-maker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake-maker Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 2:49am
post #3 of 5

Thank you for the info. I will go upon what you told me, that sounds like it would make a great cake! I appreciate your advice!

arudesu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arudesu Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 6:15am
post #4 of 5

http://i53.tinypic.com/kbprab.png

Whoops I didn't even read the first idea someone posted. I just sorta went for what popped into my head. Of course after I drew it I realized you could add a little "speed limit" sign and have a big 50 on it.

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 1 Oct 2010 , 8:08am
post #5 of 5

i did a "road of life" cake for an order once, like mentioned before i asked for landmarks in the client's life and incorporated them all the way up the winding road until it got to the current age. looking back i did a pretty sloppy job on this cake, but we learn as we go don't we? =D good luck!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1560813.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%