Freeze Cookies Decorated In Rbc?

Baking By Jopalis Updated 27 Sep 2010 , 3:26pm by Jopalis

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 6

Can I freeze baked cookies that have been decorated using rbc? I am making a batch for first week in October and would like to save some for Halloween. icon_confused.gif

5 replies
bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 6

I have tried freezing undecorated cookies and cookie dough and it always comes out great. I dont know about decorated sorry. maybe bake all the cookies and decorate the ones you want now and freeze the ones for later, then unfreeze when ready and then decorate?

Jopalis Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 6

Yes, that would work except with the rbc I like to roll it and cut it and put it on the cookie when it is warm from the oven. I guess I could roll, cut and freeze the cutout rbc and lay it on with brushed corn syrup. Not sure I would like that as well though... Thanks.... food for thought. Anyone out there frozen with the rbc on?

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 6

NFSC recipe freezes great unfrosted. I haven't frozen the iced ones.

millermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millermom Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 2:08pm
post #5 of 6

For what it's worth, I always attach my RBC with corn syrup ater the cookies have cooled, or have even been frozen then thawed..

I say make some and try freezing it as a sample first. I don't see why it wouldn't work, since you can freeze regular BC. I don't think the corn syrup in the RBC would make a difference. But don't hold me to that; I haven't actually tried it. icon_wink.gif

Jopalis Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 3:26pm
post #6 of 6

thank you so much....I'll give it a shot and if I have to I can add the rolled rbc with corn syrup. I may try and freeze a couple and see how they do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%