How To Do Flames..

Decorating By DanielleHester Updated 27 Sep 2010 , 8:19am by julzs71

DanielleHester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanielleHester Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 8:37pm
post #1 of 6

What tip would you use to do flames on a cake?

Thanks,
Danielle

5 replies
Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 9:00pm
post #2 of 6

You can just use a round tip and taper it up. Or you could cut them out of fondant. I have a flame cake in my gallery where I did that and then I made center pieces for each flame that I covered in super sparkly disco dust. It's hard to see the sparkle in the picbut it had a really cool effect!

Christina222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina222 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 9:00pm
post #3 of 6

The one time I made flames I used a leaf tip with yellow and red icing in the bag at the same time. I just pulled straight up. They came out great, unfortunatley, I dont' have a pic of that cake...

princesscatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscatt Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 12:11pm
post #4 of 6

I used a large star tip and put red, yellow and orange BC in the bag all at the same time so it would give the flames that glow.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 6:53am
post #5 of 6

Last night I made a volcano cake with lava coming out of the top. I used red piping gel and then put golden yellow colored piping gel on top of the red gel. It looked like really hot lava! Since it was piping gel with no specific shape needed, I just cut off the tip of a parchment bag (about size 5 or 7 tip opening).

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 8:19am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina222

The one time I made flames I used a leaf tip with yellow and red icing in the bag at the same time. I just pulled straight up. They came out great, unfortunatley, I dont' have a pic of that cake...

That's the way I've done it also

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%