Royal Icing Tiara

Decorating By Tabithascakes Updated 23 Sep 2010 , 4:03pm by Herekittykitty

Tabithascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tabithascakes Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 10

hello cc'ers!
i've got the tiara template. and royal icing now i need to know exactly what to do? do i print the template then put wax paper on top and pipe the design with royal icing then place another layer of paper on top of the icing then how do i get the tiara to curve?

9 replies
cab333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cab333 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 10

I printed the template, taped it to a coffee can - taped wax paper overtop of the template on the coffee can and piped the royal icing onto template that way. The curve was perfect. They are however SUPER DUPER fragile breakable.....goodluck!

Tabithascakes Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 10

great idea thank you very much!

iheartcupkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iheartcupkakes Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 10

make 2 or 3 tiaras
and do 2-3 layers of royal icing on each.. do all decoritive in last layer.. wait to dry then carefully remove from wax paper

cab333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cab333 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 5:55pm
post #5 of 10

i was just popping on to say give the tiara plenty of drying time....the more the better! icon_smile.gif

jesjeng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jesjeng Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 6:17pm
post #6 of 10

Hello! is the first time I make a comment because I am new to this forum. According to my experience, it prints the model tiara after I copy and paste parchment paper in a can or bottle that is not too heavy and you're going to hold in your hand. For this you have already prepared icing to firm and you will follow the pattern of the tiara and when you finish the first coat and let it dry to give back hand (I gave up to three) I do it to you to take off the can not break, if you want to paste some details about the tiara you can do in the final coat of icing. The air dry overnight in the detachment carefully and if you want to paint or touch up with gold dust you can do with a brush. This is how I do it and I served in fact I have one that is already several months and did not mostrardor has happened, even with the humidity. Greetings, I hope you serve. Sorry my English.
icon_biggrin.gif

jesjeng Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jesjeng Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 6:34pm
post #7 of 10

Hello! is the first time I make a comment because I am new to this forum. According to my experience, it prints the model tiara after I copy and paste parchment paper in a can or bottle that is not too heavy and you're going to hold in your hand. For this you have already prepared icing to firm and you will follow the pattern of the tiara and when you finish the first coat and let it dry to give back hand (I gave up to three) I do it to you to take off the can not break, if you want to paste some details about the tiara you can do in the final coat of icing. The air dry overnight in the detachment carefully and if you want to paint or touch up with gold dust you can do with a brush. This is how I do it and I served in fact I have one that is already several months and did not mostrardor has happened, even with the humidity. Greetings, I hope you serve. Sorry my English.
icon_biggrin.gif

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 6:45pm
post #8 of 10

I just made my first (and second, and third) tiara.

Printed out the design.
Taped printout to a Qrt paint can
-It was excactly the amount of curve I wanted and small enough to hold in my hand if necessary.

Taped wax paper over the image
Used a square tip for the first one, liked the effect, didn't like my piping so trashed it.
Used an oval tip for the second (stiff royal, 1 layer). Came out perfect. Dried removed and painted it couple of the curls broke off, no problem, simple repair - dry, repaint. Added isomalt crystals.

It slid off the paint can (was no longer attached, just sitting on it to let the repair dry) and shattered.

Third tiara - parchment rather than wax paper for (hopefully) easier removal. round tip 5, slightly thinner royal, one layer is drying now. Painting (still attached to can this time) tonight. Wish me luck! No time to make another.

So to the OP I say - Good Luck and make a spare (they're pretty easy to pipe)! icon_biggrin.gif

Tabithascakes Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 1:17am
post #9 of 10

thank you all so much for the advice! im new to this so i didnt even think about doing more than 1layer?! needless to say it didnt hold up but i will try again...also do any of you know how or if you can store royal icing?

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 4:03pm
post #10 of 10

Put it in an airtight container with a piece of plastic wrap pressed down so it is laying on the icing, but enough to hang out under the lid. Dampen a paper towel and put on top of the plastic. Put on lid, burp air. Store on counter or in cubbord for 1-2 weeks. Give it a stir before use and adjust consistancy as needed.

Also, if there is any left in the piping bag, I just wrap the bag (tip and all) in a damp paper towel and store in an airtight container. This will work for a couple of days but then the icing will start to thicken and you will need to empty the bag and adjust consistancy.

HTH.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%