Price's

Decorating By mamapastel Updated 25 Sep 2010 , 2:03pm by mamapastel

mamapastel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamapastel Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 4:50pm
post #1 of 9

I had a lady wanting an 8 inch cake, vanilla with van filling, and covered in fondant with fodant accents. she wanted them to look like fudge and small fudge dipped apples for a man that sells fudge b-day. I thought I was being nice in asking $40, and she almost had a heart attack! She was expecting to pay only $20! R u kidding me? People really think its easy to make these cakes, they dont realize all the work involved, they really make me sick!
icon_lol.gif

8 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 9

Just another UNinformed customer. There are sooooooooo many of them out there.

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:05pm
post #3 of 9

I charge $25 for an 8" cake frosted in buttercream--and that's no fancy fondant fudgy do-dads!

Where are you in KS, mamapastel?

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:25pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

I charge $25 for an 8" cake frosted in buttercream--and that's no fancy fondant fudgy do-dads!

Where are you in KS, mamapastel?

That's barely a dollar a serving icon_confused.gif

mamapastel Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 9

I'm in hutchinson. I usually charge the same for just buttercream, I guess i thought I was being nice, but not by her standards! She wants a 4 inch cake instead, she will be wanting 2 of them with just bc, nothing fancy. The lady is a family friend so I think she thought I would practicly give it to her like I do for my family> Which I know I shouldnt do!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:38pm
post #6 of 9

4 inch cake? Those are such a pain! I'm just south of Wichita, btw.

mamapastel Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:46pm
post #7 of 9

They are a pain! i have told that woman before that the work involved is just the same, but oh well.

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 10:48pm
post #8 of 9

That's crrrraaazzzzy! There is no way I would make 2 - 4" cakes as a stand alone order! Not because I'm a snooty butt but because it's to much work for a few dollars. Poor dear, mama, don't let her walk on you.

mamapastel Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 2:03pm
post #9 of 9

For what she wanted to pay, I just made the one small cake and then made some cupcakes, she said she wanted them but she never came for them so me and the kids ate em! Her loss!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%