Carlos Bakery Hoboken Nj

Lounge By SueW Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 2:15am by neecerator

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 12:35am
post #1 of 21

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share my exciting news that I finally made it into Hoboken on Sunday and made a visit to Carlos' Bakery (The Cake Boss). It was so exciting to see it in person. There was barely a line and we got in right away. It was crowded but I knew what I wanted so I didn't mind waiting.

I had my 10 yr old nephews and my own 5 yr old son with me. My nephews are obsessed with the show so they were thrilled. We actually got Lisa to come out and say hi and take pics with us icon_biggrin.gif

I ordered cupcakes (red velvet, vanilla, and carrot cake), cannolis, and a 6 inch round with fondant flowers on it, inside it was chocolate and vanilla. They were all so yummy and the people there were very friendly icon_biggrin.gif

I'd definitely go back thumbs_up.gif

20 replies
kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 12:45am
post #2 of 21

Fun! Now, the curious part of me has to know how $$ for cupcakes, etc!

thumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thumbs Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 12:53am
post #3 of 21

How fun, and what a memorable trip for your nephews that love the show thumbs_up.gif

thumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thumbs Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 12:54am
post #4 of 21

How fun, and what a memorable trip for your nephews that love the show thumbs_up.gif

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:35am
post #5 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

Fun! Now, the curious part of me has to know how $$ for cupcakes, etc!

It was so crowded but I thought she said 2.50 a cupcake???? I got 8 large cannolis, 8 cupcakes and a 6 inch round cake with fondant decorations and the total was 88$ icon_eek.gif The receipt was not itemized so I have no clue now.

I must say as I keep eating the sweets icon_cry.gif (gaining weight here!) I am noticing that any of his purple decorations (ie icing and fondant) have that yucky bitter taste of too much dye. Does that make sense? Like the wilton red gel before they came up with a "no taste" version.

kansaslaura Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:42am
post #6 of 21

Yea, I know that taste all too well.. YUCK. tapedshut.gif

I'm not even going to attempt to comment on his prices--I just know there is no way here in KS I could get anywhere close to that... but then there is no camera following me around either! icon_lol.gif

Did you like the cannolis?

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 2:24pm
post #7 of 21

$2.50 for a cupcake is pretty average these days. Heck I even walked into our local HEB store and the individual cupcakes were going for $2 each. I was impressed that they had that good of a price point. They were slightly larger than a standard cupcake but not as big as what you would call jumbo either.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 5:50pm
post #8 of 21

There is a cupcake bakery here that sells their cuppies for $2 apiece as well. So $2.50 honestly didnt shock me any. I would like to go there once, just for the cannolis and the lobster tail things that he makes. Maybe a small cream puff cake too.

I love those Italian desserts!

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 6:10pm
post #9 of 21

I went to his bakery last year. I love cannolis and so far I can say that they have the best I have ever tasted. icon_biggrin.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 6:18pm
post #10 of 21

My cupcakes are $4 each for singles, $3.50 when you get into bulk icon_smile.gif

uniquecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uniquecreations Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 6:35pm
post #11 of 21

Are they still doing the TV show Ihavent seen it on lately

kansaslaura Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 3:07am
post #12 of 21

I've seen little blurbs about the show on TLC, but don't watch it so I don't know if they're new or just re-runs.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 22 Sep 2010 , 3:58am
post #13 of 21

There's a new one coming on this Thursday.

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 12:25am
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

Seriously? What time, do you know?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 12:34am
post #15 of 21

There's a cupcake shop that opened this spring by my office, and a standard cupcake with a simple swirl of icing goes for just over $3. They don't appear to be having a difficult time selling them! Who knew? I would've thought people in Nebraska would balk at those prices.

CWR41 Posted 23 Sep 2010 , 12:35am
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

Seriously? What time, do you know?

Sorry, I was wrong... it's Ace of Cakes that is new. (what I viewed on my DVR was Cake Boss skipped shows that are repeats.)

CWR41 Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 9:52pm
post #17 of 21

New "Cake Boss" show tonight.

Episode 57: Familia, Fishing, & Family History; The Valstro's are in Italy; Buddy is asked to make cakes for his cousins. New.

cocobaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobaby Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 10:11pm
post #18 of 21

The time is 8pm central time.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 10:16pm
post #19 of 21

Aaaawww, how fun for you, SueW!! Thanks for sharing! And I think it's so great you had the boys with you! Great memories for them!

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 11 Oct 2010 , 10:19pm
post #20 of 21

I would lOOOOOOOOOOOOOOve to have some of their desserts!!! specially the canollis.

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 2:15am
post #21 of 21

I'm sad because I missed the entire first half of the show! I'm hoping to watch it on TLC tomorrow, maybe. That's if they offer it online. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%