Cuisinart Mixer???

Decorating By sumerae Updated 18 Sep 2010 , 1:34pm by LindaF144a

sumerae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sumerae Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 4:10am
post #1 of 7

Love it? Hate it? Pros/cons?

For now, I'm just doing cakes for fun, I'd love for it to be more one day but as of today, my pitiful hand held mixer that I've been using has taken a turn for the worse and now sounds like a weed wacker....and only one beater working! Eck! Being as I have 2 "orders" (not really, but helping 2 friends out) coming up, I need something.

DH says go ahead and get another, it can be a part of my Christmas present but if you're going to order it, go ahead and get a good one. Is the cuisineart one better than KA? It seems KA has some issues with motors burning out? Cuisinart has a stronger motor.

I know it's a beast of a machine that'll take a good amount of counter space up, but as much as I've been using my mixer, it'll be worth it.

Thoughts??

TIA!

6 replies
sugarprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarprincess Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 11:22am
post #2 of 7

My husband bought me the 7 qt cuisinart mixer for christmas 2 years ago,
but up until then I was using a hand held mixer for all of my baking. ( I went through quite a few of those! )

It has worked wonderfully. I have had no problems with it. I love the bowl that comes with it because it is nice a deep. I can easily make a double batch of italian meringue buttercream in it. It also has a splash guard and a timer on it. I have use it for all kinds of things ( cake batter, cookie dough, royal icing, whipped cream, meringue, homemade gumpaste and fondant, bread dough) and it has always given me great results.

It is also handy to have a second bowl, whisk and beater blade when you are baking up a storm.

phoufer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
phoufer Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 12:52pm
post #3 of 7

I have the 7qt cusinart mixer and absolutely love it!!!!

londoncakedreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
londoncakedreams Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 12:56pm
post #4 of 7

I use the cusinart at work and a kitchenaide at home. I would take my kitchenaide over the cusinart any day. I find the kitchen aide to have a stronger motor and can handle heaver mixes (cookies).

Babs1964 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babs1964 Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 1:17pm
post #5 of 7

I got my Cuisenart a few months ago & I love it! It had a 800watt motor which is very good. Also love the timer feature. I have made fondant in it & it has never shimmied around once. HTH

mmdiez10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdiez10 Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 1:26pm
post #6 of 7

If hubby is offering, go for it. I want the Cuisinart too. I have a 6 quart KitchenAid and am happy with it, but I have found that sometimes it complains when I make a full batch of SugarShack's buttercream. I won't get rid of it, but I would get the Cuisinart to give my KA a break.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 1:34pm
post #7 of 7

I would go for the cuisinart also. I don't have one, but researched into getting one. I just may.

First off they are 100 dollars cheaper than the KA. they have plastic parts inside, but so does KA. I liked everything about it but in the end picked my KA because I liked the color, go figure.

The 800 watt motor does not translate into the power to the beaters. I forget the exact wording, but someone else out there in internetland explained it. What you have to be careful is 800 watt pulls a lot of power. It's not a problem in every home but one person said that her lights would dim every time she turned on her cuisinart. She lived in an older home too. Have fun and go for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%