Mini Cheesecakes With Bailey's?

Baking By frankdiabetes Updated 19 Sep 2010 , 10:15pm by scp1127

frankdiabetes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankdiabetes Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 1:11am
post #1 of 9

I would like to make mini cheesecakes with Bailey's Irish Cream. Can I use any cheesecake recipe and just put it in mini pans, or do I need to alter the recipe? My regular recipe has 3/4 cup liquid and most mini cheesecake recipes I've seen do not contain any additional liquid at all. If I use my regular recipe will it be a failure to make it into mini cheesecakes? Thanks!

8 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 3:26am
post #2 of 9

I just use minis. I did the math and one 9 inch cheesecake converts into 4- 4 1/2 inch minis or 5- 4inch minis. For cupcakes, my "Junior's Cheesecake" book calls for double the eggs and half the whipping cream when comparing full size to cupcake. Both are baked at 350 with cupcakes baked for 45 minutes. this book is fantastic.

cocobaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobaby Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 3:58am
post #3 of 9

I love Junior's Cheesecake book!! The first time I made one I couldn't believe how good it was. I love the "cake" crust instead of the usual graham cracker. Just my two cents.
Wanda

scp1127 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 4:22am
post #4 of 9

I especially like the textbook-type information in Junior's book. They didn't leave anything out... even the answer to this question. I had been reading it tonight so the book was right in front of me.

frankdiabetes Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 6:03pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

I just use minis. I did the math and one 9 inch cheesecake converts into 4- 4 1/2 inch minis or 5- 4inch minis. For cupcakes, my "Junior's Cheesecake" book calls for double the eggs and half the whipping cream when comparing full size to cupcake. Both are baked at 350 with cupcakes baked for 45 minutes. this book is fantastic.

So I should double the eggs and halve the liquid? It seems like a lot of eggs...8 eggs for 32 oz. cream cheese? Has it worked for you in the past?

I have ordered the Junior's cheesecake cookbook from amazon, too...thanks for the suggestion!

scp1127 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 9:45pm
post #6 of 9

I haven't made cupcakes, only minis. That is why I quoted Juniors. I have the book in front of me. In the original NY cheesecake, they use
4 8-oz pkg cream cheese
1 2/3 c sugar
1/4 c cornstarch
1 tbsp vanilla
2 ex lg eggs
3/4 c heavy cream

In the little fella same recipe
2 8-oz cream cheese
3/4 c sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp vanilla
2 ex lg eggs
1/3 c heavy cream

Everything is roughly halved except the vanilla and the eggs. I wonder if it is because there is no crust and it is baked in paper.

scp1127 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 9:51pm
post #7 of 9

Actually I was wrong about 1/2 the cream, I kept flipping back and forth and mis-quoted. For each recipe, for every two pkg of cheese, there are two ex lg eggs and 1/3 to 1/2 c heavy cream. You are going to love this book. There are tips everywhere.

frankdiabetes Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 9:55pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks so much for your help! I can't wait to get the book. Do you have both the Junior's books?

scp1127 Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 10:15pm
post #9 of 9

I gave the regular book to my daughter. The recipes were very simple and suited her.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%