Help Me Pick Which Printer Please

Decorating By Echooo3 Updated 18 Sep 2010 , 1:13am by Crimsicle

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 5

I'm ready to purchase a printer. I want to use it to print images like football team logos. I'm clueless. I've heard you can use a regular pinter if it is being used exclusivly for edible printing.

So, should I be looking at a regular printer, cricut, or a linda mcclure silhouette.

Please help me get the right one. I won't be doing massive amounts of printing since it's just me and my little business.

Thank you as always!!

4 replies
Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 5

Anyone?

cattycornercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cattycornercakes Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 5

I bought a regular printer (Epson Stylus NX415) for like $70 and got my ink from kopykake. I bought all of this about a year ago. I don't print edible images that often and I was kinda worried that the ink my dry up and clog but I haven't had a bit of problem. I also get my edible image sheets from them.

Brooke420 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brooke420 Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 11:00pm
post #4 of 5

I just bought one at the beginning of June. I purchased the Cannon ip3600 from Amazon.com, and the edible ink and paper from icingimages.com. I am just a hobbyist, and didn't want to spend a whole lot. This system has been great. I have used it mostly for cookies so far. The first weekend I had it I made 150 cookies for a going away party at my church. I bought the precut circles, printed the images, and put them right on the wet glazed cookies. More recently I bought the full sheet paper and used it to print yearbook photos for my 15 year H.S. reunion. It's a lot of fun.

Brooke

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 1:13am
post #5 of 5

I have the Canon ip3600, too. It's my second machine, and I love it! I'm using Icing Images inks and frosting sheets now and am very happy with those, too. I have the Cricut Cake and while I like it a lot...I'd never consider doing logos on it. I think you'll be much happier with the edible images for that purpose. Don't know a thing about the Silhouette.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%