Lemon Cake With Raspberry Filling

Baking By sxysadie Updated 18 Sep 2010 , 2:27am by sxysadie

sxysadie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sxysadie Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 1:42am
post #1 of 9

I am making a wedding cake and shaped grooms cake next month and they want a lemon cake with Rapsberry filling and I need a recipe for a firm cake (pound cake) and a decent raspberry filling that I can frost with cream cheese frosting and cover with fondant and have it hold up. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

8 replies
awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 1:58am
post #2 of 9

This is the raspberry filling that I use.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/2503/raspberry-filling

I made the lemon WASC on here.

I just made a lemon cake with raspberry cake this past weekend and the person who ordered it said that it was the best cake they had ever tasted in their entire life. This person is a very picky person and doesn't like any of the bakeries around here.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 1:59am
post #3 of 9

Welcome to CC!

This combination of fillings and frostings is not good for a carved cake. Mostly you would want to use a firm cake (not necessarily pound) and if you do a fruit filling it's going to be very hard to carve the cake. I would recommend adding some fruit to the frosting to get that flavor in there or just add some imitation raspberry.

Also, with the cream cheese frosting you have to have that refrigerated. If you are covering a carved cake with that it's not as stable as say the Crusting BC recipe here on CC or using fondant to cover the cake.

As far as recipes on the pound cake I can't help, sorry. HTH

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 1:59am
post #4 of 9

I'm a big fan of the sleeve raspberry filling--it is stable at room temp which is good for a wedding cake that may have to sit out for a while at the reception.

I use a doctored mix cake for lemon--very moist not pound cake-like so I can't help there.

Kristy

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 2:01am
post #5 of 9

Sorry for saying something about the WASC. I just saw the question for a lemon cake and raspberry filling and I started typing. Sorry.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 2:23am
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by awatterson

Sorry for saying something about the WASC. I just saw the question for a lemon cake and raspberry filling and I started typing. Sorry.

actually, that's a dense enough cake to be carved

Normita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Normita Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 2:29am
post #7 of 9

I use the premade sleeve fillings that I buy from my cake supply store. The raspberry is very good. The lemon cake I make is from Cakepro on here...its called amazing lemon cake from a mix....sooooooo good. I think it would be ok for carving...I use the WASC and its variations for carving and they come out fine.

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7371/amazing-lemon-cake-from-a-mix

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 11:12pm
post #8 of 9

This is one of my most popular combinations. I use canned raspberry filling from Solo. It is excellent and is rather thick so it holds up well.

I would not put cream cheese icing with lemon though, not sure that is a good combo. JMHO though.

sxysadie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sxysadie Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 2:27am
post #9 of 9

thanks for all ur input....what would u suggest as a good filling for a carved cake then if i were to use WASC? the couple does not want anything chocolately...I am open to new suggeastions for cake flavors .I am all new to this cake stuff, some ppl saw cakes i did form y kids parties and next thing u know they are paying me to make there's. As for the cream chesse with lemon cake combo, it tastes really good suprisingly. figured it would hold up alright in a buttercream recipe that crusts.. I was already looking at doing the raspberry sleeve filing, as the one raspberry filing I made myself i sound too runny. Once again thx for advice

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%