Cake Decorating

Decorating By jen4230 Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 6:55pm by Cohaja12

jen4230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen4230 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 6

Ok i am a terrible artist I couldn't draw to save my life but I can decorate cakes the ideas come to me as I'm decorating the cake. I was wondering if there is a free software out there that can let me put my ideas on a cake and see it on paper so I can show what the cake will look like? Does anyone know of any software that can decorate cakes? I have looked I found create a cake but it wouldn't let me do the free trial. Thank you

5 replies
Shelly4481 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelly4481 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 6

I am terrible too, but when I need a picture of something I google a image of something and print that out. I then do a fbt (frozen buttercream transfer). They have saved my life!!! Hope this helps.

jen4230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen4230 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 6

Shelly4481 that is a great idea and I do do that but this one is a little more complicated. I am making a 3d dog which I think I'm crazy never having done one before and just jumping right into trying. We will see how well that works out for me. Thank you for the idea I do love doing FBT they are alot of fun/. If you have any suggestions on how to do a 3d dog i would appreciate any help at all
Thank you

tmelrose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmelrose Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 5:38pm
post #4 of 6

I've often wondered and wished for the same thing - some nifty software to play around with. I end up cutting out pieces of construction paper and using crayons or if I have to do a practice cake to see how my visions pan out.

pag41989 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pag41989 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 6:47pm
post #5 of 6

I looked this up because I was curious as well but it looks like the software that is out there cost a good amount of money icon_sad.gif

Cohaja12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cohaja12 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 6:55pm
post #6 of 6

So for a FBT I just color the same crusting buttercream I use to cover cakes? I was going to attempt my first one tonite and I need scarlet red (GO BUCKS!!)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%