Website Help

Business By jessnsam Updated 17 Sep 2010 , 2:34pm by jessnsam

jessnsam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessnsam Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 10:26am
post #1 of 6

Hi

I'm just in the early stages of making my website and wondered what i am missing from it and what i can do to make it look more appealing
The link is on my profile - i can't help but think that it is missing something

Any comments are greatly welcomed
Thanks
Jess

5 replies
Kahlua Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kahlua Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 10:52am
post #2 of 6

Looks really great, I love the colours. The first thing I think you need is where you are (Maybe I missed it). I would also add a little more information about your product, flavors available, pricing (not necessarily putting prices up), do you deliver, FAQ etc.

Hope this helps, good luck with your venture icon_smile.gif

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:05pm
post #3 of 6

I would add a little more info about who you are and where you are located , maybey some more detail on the types of items you offer.

Here is a link to my website...
http://www.cakesbyjaimeann.weebly.com/

Take a look around the web and find other websites that you like and note what it is about those that appeals to you, then see how you can incorporate some of those elements into your website...

Julie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Julie53 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:22pm
post #4 of 6

I agree also... I would make it a little more personal. Who you are, where you are located. Then maybe write a little bit about yourself to let the customers know who you are.Then have an area of all of your products- what flavor cakes,fillings,icing, etc. that you offer. If you offer other products-do the same for those as well. Then any turn around time frames, or how long in advance to place the order. You see what I am saying basically try to answser any question that a customer may have on your website. It will keep you from answering a million phone calls for those answers. icon_wink.gif
I think you are on the right track- but try to add some more details. Hope it helps! icon_lol.gif

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:29pm
post #5 of 6

It's a good start, I'm a big believer in putting key information about your business on the home page, since a surprising number of people don't read anything beyond the home page before contacting you. I would also include a few bigger photos of some of your best work (or a slideshow) instead of several smaller pictures. And don't forget to do a spell check and grammar check on your copy.

You should also look into getting your own domain name.

Here's the web site for our business for comparison purposes:
http://www.allergyfriendlypastries.com/

jessnsam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessnsam Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 2:34pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all your answers, i can't believe i missed the obvious things icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%