Where Has Everyone Gone?

Lounge By iluvpeeks Updated 27 Sep 2010 , 4:32am by iluvpeeks

snarkybaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snarkybaker Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 3:31am
post #31 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyKakes4Me

I participate in forums for small businesses, dressmaking, and car repair. Years I've been at it. What usually happens is people that are really experienced at their trades try to help obviously floundering people who don't know what they're doing, and one or two people (who also don't know what they're doing or don't care that they are sub standard) get offended at the poster's tones. Urgency and "to the pointness" are often misconstrued as "being bitchy" and mean, when it's out of frustration at seeing people do things wrong when the answers are soooooo obvious that forums take a turn.

Generally the people with the most knowledge of all just leave. It's kind of like the "give me the easiest most popular answer", rather than the "one that makes the most sense and will boost your career" answer.

Yeah, it's everywhere. Entitlement and not stepping on people's precious feelings. Sad really.

Yep that's what happened.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 6:16am
post #32 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellertur

I'm friends (in contact almost daily) with several of "the banned" and I can tell you they are doing just fine...major career ops coming their way, it's very exciting.
One just placed in a cake competion of over 850 entries, another came extremely close in the same competition...both should have tied for first place IMHO. A few others friends have had magazine spreads...etc.
I am proud to call them my friends. icon_smile.gif

Please tell them I said HI and contratulations on their placing inthe contests. I sure do miss some of the first few people who welcomed me to this site. icon_sad.gif

kellertur Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellertur Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 5:48pm
post #33 of 44

Will do icon_smile.gif

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:23pm
post #34 of 44

[quote="mamawrobin"] We bought a new house about a month ago and I've been busy moving...I also don't have high speed internet service available in the area where we've moved and I'm still searching for and internet provider that is better than dial up....

quote]

That is the same problem I have.... Moved to my new house in January and its way up in the mountains... The only internet access I have is dial-up, and now with the CC tech problems , I just can't deal with it so I very rarely even come to CC anymore.

Without the "posts since last visit" working it is just too frustrating to wait for pages to load...

Hopefully they get all the bugs worked out, but untill then , I just go to Facebook and talk with my CC friends there icon_smile.gif

I will be back when CC works again!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 8:49pm
post #35 of 44

[quote="JaimeAnn"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

We bought a new house about a month ago and I've been busy moving...I also don't have high speed internet service available in the area where we've moved and I'm still searching for and internet provider that is better than dial up....

quote]

That is the same problem I have.... Moved to my new house in January and its way up in the mountains... The only internet access I have is dial-up, and now with the CC tech problems , I just can't deal with it so I very rarely even come to CC anymore.

Without the "posts since last visit" working it is just too frustrating to wait for pages to load...

Hopefully they get all the bugs worked out, but untill then , I just go to Facebook and talk with my CC friends there icon_smile.gif

Dial-up has to be sooooo frustrating after having a fast connection! Would you all be able to get one of those anywhere-antenna systems they're selling now? You can plug it into the computer like a flash drive and it works like a cell phone antenna.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 3:56pm
post #36 of 44

[quote="costumeczar"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeAnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

We bought a new house about a month ago and I've been busy moving...I also don't have high speed internet service available in the area where we've moved and I'm still searching for and internet provider that is better than dial up....

quote]

Dial-up has to be sooooo frustrating after having a fast connection! Would you all be able to get one of those anywhere-antenna systems they're selling now? You can plug it into the computer like a flash drive and it works like a cell phone antenna.

I just moved way out in the country and we had to get something called "Mi-Fi". It's through verizon wireless. It's a card and you can take it anywhere you go and have the internet. I like it alot.

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 8:20pm
post #37 of 44

I too am tired of the on-going system problems with this site. I can understand having problems from time to time as all sites do but this has gone on far too long. I don't come here much any more and I know several other CC'ers that feel this way also.

They really need to get posts since last visit back up and running. If they aren't then they should remove that option from the forums page.

I too miss the folk that have been banned and happy to hear that they are going well.

Carolynlovescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carolynlovescake Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 10:33pm
post #38 of 44

*dusts off the cobwebs*

I've had a hard 11 months in the real world.

Brother in law murdered last October, Stepmom passed away suddenly in early spring, and now I am slowly loosing my dad and it's going to be a long slow process from the looks of it.

I have popped in to browse and read or grab a recipe here and there but that is about it.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 17 Sep 2010 , 11:10pm
post #39 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolynlovescake

*dusts off the cobwebs*

I've had a hard 11 months in the real world.

Brother in law murdered last October, Stepmom passed away suddenly in early spring, and now I am slowly loosing my dad and it's going to be a long slow process from the looks of it.

I have popped in to browse and read or grab a recipe here and there but that is about it.

Holy cow, I hope that things get better for you soon icon_eek.gif

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 10:00pm
post #40 of 44

MamaWrobin- Good to know you haven't disappeared! :]

What about Sadsmile and KHalstead?

Carolyn, I am so sorry to hear that.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 10:14pm
post #41 of 44

And Melvira!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 10:22pm
post #42 of 44

KHalstead hasn't gone anywhere, she posted earlier today;
Melvira just changed her avatar she's still here;
sadsmile's only been gone a month, I assume life got busy when school started.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 2:04am
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lardbutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

I just moved way out in the country and we had to get something called "Mi-Fi". It's through verizon wireless. It's a card and you can take it anywhere you go and have the internet. I like it alot.

Dial-up is SLOWLY (ahhahahah) Driving me insane!

Tried the verizon internet, It doesn't work for me but it iswhat most people in my area use...

I have to drive 1 mile down the hill just to get a cell signal, So if you have trouble with cell phone reception thier internet doesn't work. icon_sad.gif

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 27 Sep 2010 , 4:32am
post #44 of 44

Oh what a nightmare.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%