Are These Too Gory??

Decorating By Charmed Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 1:49am by JCE62108

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 6:26am
post #31 of 46

I just had to show these to DH. He lost a finger in a fork truck accident..

He loved them. HE IS A DEMENTED MAN.. he wants one of those fingers now... You can imagine the fun he wants to have at work with those.. good lord he is going to scare them to death with the pranks!!

icon_lol.gif

cyndiK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cyndiK Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 7:07am
post #32 of 46

Those are so gross!! Great job! You have me thinking about using them for our Church halloween party as cupcake toppers!

angelwings1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelwings1 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 7:37am
post #33 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkinkema

Another use for severed fingers: Set the fingers on Spanish moss, tie a ribbon around the finger, and wrap in brown craft paper. Include your note or invitation on nice paperstock torn on the edges. Can send as either Save the Date or use as Halloween party invitations.

These are absolutely the best severed fingers I've ever seen!

Yikes! I'm not sure I would send them to someone in an envelope....... just sayin'...

angelwings1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelwings1 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 7:41am
post #34 of 46

I'm so disgusted and so disturbingly fascinated at the same time. lol I sorta wish I knew how to make them! I know some pretty demented people who would probably LOVE them!

Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 2:22pm
post #35 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakencake

Quote:
Quote:

I plan to use them as cupcake toppers for halloween

thumbs_up.gif may i suggest putting them over grounded up oreo cookies to make it look like dirt.

yeah and on top of triple chocolate cupcakes icon_lol.gif

mama_amy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama_amy Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 2:59pm
post #36 of 46

Those are amazing! I would totally use those, even for a party with small children (but my kids are into that sort of thing).

I like the idea of making them a bit more gory with food coloring.

pkinkema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pkinkema Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 3:06pm
post #37 of 46

[quote="angelwings1"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkinkema

Yikes! I'm not sure I would send them to someone in an envelope....... just sayin'...

I didn't send in mail--handed them out.

And I don't think anyone would actually eat the fingers--hardened gumpaste?? Yuck! I'm thinkin' these are decoration only.

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 3:26pm
post #38 of 46

Awesome. My fiancee, who lost a finger, one time bought a severed finger and put it in a jar and packed it around at work with him forever. He kept it on the shelf. He was demented to. He worked in the medical field! He told all his patients, yep, it's mine.
Everyone will absolutely love these. I do.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 3:50pm
post #39 of 46

Herekittykitty, I like the way your mind works!

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 7:38pm
post #40 of 46

Yikes those are VERY real looking. I am with the others - hate then ugh! love them - cool! Since you said they were made from gum paste I don't suppose anyone will eat them. I suspect most of them will be taken home to scare someone else with.

They are really great looking fingers!

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 9:33pm
post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

Herekittykitty, I like the way your mind works!

Mwahahahahahaha!!! (doing evil finger tap).

saapena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saapena Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 10:11pm
post #42 of 46

Absolutely disgusting and awesome at the same time!! I would so use them; in fact, I can think of two little boys that would love them! The one keeps asking me when I am going to make cupcakes and since his birthday is in October...Great job!

freebird120204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freebird120204 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 10:11pm
post #43 of 46

Here's an idea for general use, how about putting some in a bowl next to a cake display with a sign that says "Previous attempts at touching the frosting!!!!" Would be great at a Halloween wedding...

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 10:29pm
post #44 of 46

seriously sick, gross and disguisting. USE THEM. For thick congealed blood, red jello (small package), 3/4 cup boiling hot water - 3/4 cup corn syrup. Let cool. When it sets up break up with fork add red colored corn syrup. Seriously looks like congealed blood!

PS do we still call it syrup or corn sugar now????

bakencake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakencake Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 11:46pm
post #45 of 46
Quote:
Quote:

pkinkema wrote:

Another use for severed fingers: Set the fingers on Spanish moss, tie a ribbon around the finger, and wrap in brown craft paper. Include your note or invitation on nice paperstock torn on the edges. Can send as either Save the Date or use as Halloween party invitations.

These are absolutely the best severed fingers I've ever seen!

bahahaha!!!! lol!

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 1:49am
post #46 of 46

AAAAHHHHHH!!!! I cant stop sitting here gasping EEWWWWW!!! Over and over again! I LOVE THEM! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! Although I do think it would be hard for me to eat something with that on it. lol. It really does look so realistic. I think everyone is right about it being for adults. I would think it would give children nightmares. It would, if I was a kid and saw that. lol. OMG they are sooo awesome though. I am just dying to make something like that this halloween! I hope someone orders something totally nasty. I cant wait. icon_smile.gif

OMG Id have to be so drunk to get my mouth anywhere near it though. So sad because its so awesome. icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%