Got A Good Laugh At My Daughters Expense

Decorating By CNCS Updated 7 Sep 2010 , 1:16am by CNCS

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 12:14am
post #1 of 6

she came to my shop to show me her new books for her classes this sememster.

she laid everything out and left her book store receipt for hubby and gathered up her stuff and left.

An hour later I couldnt find my notebook with all my recipes and notes in it Ive collected over a 20 year period. I knew I had it at my computer storing it on a disc.

I get a call from her on her way back to my shop "I think I have something of yours...but it its all weird." Im driving up now meet me at the door.

Weird what do you mean weird? She walks in and opens it. What is this? 90% of the first few years all my stuff is written in shorthand. Yep shorthand we all had to take at one time in HSeons ago. She had no idea what it was.

I had to laugh as I explained what it was. I dont think she still understands.

Good thing it was my daughter and not a customer I dont think I would have gotten it back.

5 replies
Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 12:32am
post #2 of 6

Oh, wow! I learned shorthand in hs. My DD would think it was weird, too. I'm so glad you got your notebook back! icon_smile.gif

nhbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nhbaker Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 12:38am
post #3 of 6

Too funny! -- sounds like you're already thinking ahead if you're putting in on a computer, your heart must've skipped a few beats though!!

As far as the shorthand - you could tell her it's just like texting but in handwritten form!! Having her try to read that is about as easy as trying to decipher some of her text messages I'm sure!

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 12:44am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhbaker

As far as the shorthand - you could tell her it's just like texting but in handwritten form!! Having her try to read that is about as easy as trying to decipher some of her text messages I'm sure!

What a great explanation of shorthand to a young person! Very clever!

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:03am
post #5 of 6

That's too funny. I'm only 27 and I even know what shorthand is! My mother taught it to me when I was little. Probably wouldn't be able to do it now but at least I can recognize it and know what it is...lol icon_smile.gif

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 1:16am
post #6 of 6

I still laspe into shorthand if Im in a hurry to jot down a recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%