Help!! White Chocolate Paste Recipe Went Wrong!

Decorating By Foxicakes Updated 5 Sep 2010 , 6:05pm by lynndy-lou

Foxicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foxicakes Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 5:47pm
post #1 of 2

There is a White Chocolate "Paste" recipe on here by SweetArt that says I can use it to cover cakes,etc. However, I made the recipe exactly as was described and now I have a HARD, CRUMBLY MESS! on my hands this morning when I expected to wake up and have a beautiful, creamy white chocolate fondant-type product to work with on my cake. Has anyone used this recipe before? Does anyone have ANY ideas on how I can SALVAGE this mess? White Choc is so expensive!! And, I promised a client white chocolate fondant on a cake that is due next week so I have to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

1 reply
lynndy-lou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynndy-lou Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 2

Ive just looked at her recipe Ive not made this before but perhaps a couple of seconds in the microwave might help soften it a bit. If you dont have any luck you could try Chocolate plastique, its made from white, bitter or milk chocolate and glucose syrup which I think in the US is light corn syrup. The taste is to die for and can be used to cover the cake and can be used for modeling. Just google it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%