Shipping Cookies

Baking By christami Updated 10 Sep 2010 , 9:08pm by TracyLH

christami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christami Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 10

A co-worker and friend was deploited to Iraq a few month ago, we send care package every month and he requested some of my home make cookies. How can I wrap the cookies and how long they would last. I will appreciate any input. Thank you so much

9 replies
DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 3:23pm
post #2 of 10

I sent cookies to my husband when he was in Korea. I wrapped each cookie in either wax or parchment paper (can't remember) and put them all into a tupperware container. It was just a cheap Glad brand one.

My husband said only 2 of them were broken, so I figured that was pretty good.

Lejeune Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejeune Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 10

thanks for this infomation. I am planning to send cookies to my parents who live in Argentina. One more question... did you put the plastic container in a box, too?

DefyGravity Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 3:59pm
post #4 of 10

Just the box I was shipping it in. I taped the tupperware lid shut, just in case, and then I think I had some soft items in the box (my son loved sending him stuffed animals when he was gone) that I used to cushion around it.

Lejeune Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lejeune Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 4:03pm
post #5 of 10

thanks for your quick response...

DefyGravity Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 4:05pm
post #6 of 10

No problem. The kids are making forts in the other room, so I don't have a lot else going on right now icon_wink.gif

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 1:05am
post #7 of 10

If you have a "food savr", put the cookies in and automatically stop it before they break.

awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 1:32am
post #8 of 10

I send some to the troops in Iraq and I individually wrap them and put bubble wrap in the bottom and on the sides and the top of the box. Also, I use water in my glace instead of milk just because I am not sure about how long they will sit around until they make it there.

Lita829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 1:55am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by awatterson

I send some to the troops in Iraq and I individually wrap them and put bubble wrap in the bottom and on the sides and the top of the box. Also, I use water in my glace instead of milk just because I am not sure about how long they will sit around until they make it there.

Ditto

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 9:08pm
post #10 of 10

I sent some to Afghanistan and it worked well. For the decorated cookies, I individually wrap mine in cellophane bags and heat seal them. It really makes a difference for freshness. I then wrap each cookie in bubblewrap and pack them tightly (but not too tight) standing up on end with peanuts surrounding all sides. I mark the box "FRAGILE - Top Load Only" on each side and have had good luck this way. If I were to do drop cookies, I would package several together, perhaps with parchment paper or wax paper in between and then heat seal them.

It is so wonderful that you are doing this and I am sure they will be so thoroughly enjoyed! They really appreciate their treats!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%