Moist Scratch Cupcakes?

Baking By noahsmummy Updated 19 Sep 2010 , 2:52am by steplite

noahsmummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noahsmummy Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 4:37am
post #1 of 6

just wondering if anyone has a moist scratch cupcake recipe they are willing to share? i usually use a wasc for mine, but i dont need quite as much batter; and you cant exactly half a wasc recipe.. lol.

any tips appreciated. icon_smile.gif

5 replies
rosey422 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosey422 Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 5:07am
post #2 of 6

when i use scratch recipes for cupcakes they don't seem to stay moist or rise perfectly so i use a box mix and substitute 1 cup buttermilk for water use four eggs and the amount of oil it says on the box, they come out perfect and moist every time.

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 5:08am
post #3 of 6

You can half the WASC recipe, using 1 box mix and half all the other ingredients. I do it all the time.
1 box mix
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoons salt
1 cup sour cream
2 tbs oil
3 eggs
1 1/3 cups water
as much flavoring as you like

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 6:43am
post #4 of 6

Try a victoria sponge recipe, if you want to try a scratch one, there's plenty online to find. It makes brilliant cupcakes!
xx

bakescupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakescupcakes Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 7:20am
post #5 of 6

I've recently discovered a really nice white cake recipe on Wren's Cottage website, scroll to bottom of page and click on Karen's Kitchen. The recipe translated really well into cupcakes, and stayed moist for a few days. icon_smile.gif HTH

steplite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steplite Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 2:52am
post #6 of 6

That's my favorite web site www.wrenscottage.com. Try the "Yellow Cake" recipe, it's really good.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%