Crack!!

Decorating By KTB4 Updated 3 Sep 2010 , 7:36pm by KTB4

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 4

I have a small tiered cake in my kitchen waiting to be picked up and I just noticed a crack in the bottom of the top (4") tier down by the border. Will this be okay? What do I do?

It's iced in buttercream and stacked with bubble tea straws, 4 in the 8" layer underneath it.

3 replies
KTB4 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 5:30pm
post #2 of 4

Anybody? I think that it's an air bubble that has started way down by the border where the two tiers meet. I've pressed it back in while trying to let the air out (sort of like what you do with fondant ones) but there's still an ugly crack mark. Is there any way to fix that or should I be thinking about trying to stick a flower or leaf there t hide it?

What if it comes back? SHuold I leave it alone until just before pick up or should I keep squishing it?

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 6:17pm
post #3 of 4

if it is iced in buttercream, you can simply put a fine line of buttercream in the crack and smooth it back out with your finger.

KTB4 Posted 3 Sep 2010 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks tesso. I did eventually try that and I think it's worked. Although I did make a couple of leaves and flowers to stick there just in case icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%