Need Help Please!!!!!!

Baking By apetricek Updated 1 Sep 2010 , 4:36am by KUUISMA

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 2:41am
post #1 of 10

So I have been asked by my a client to do cupcakes with two separate icing colors combined. By this I mean she wants black and white to be combined in one so it looks like half the icing is black and the other is white but in one smooth icing twirl. I know I have seen divided pastry bags in the past, but can't find them now. Any ideas or suggestion...??????? PLEASE. I have posted quite a bit lately and haven't been getting any help...

9 replies
grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 2:54am
post #2 of 10

www.sugarcraft.com

caraleecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caraleecupcake Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 2:55am
post #3 of 10

I think THIS is what you are talking about?? You can also wrap the frostings in saran wrap and cup the tip before putting it in the pastry bag together icon_smile.gif

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 2:55am
post #4 of 10

Now I have never tried this but maybe you could give it a go. I seen a post out in the forums once that I read how someone (sorry can't remember who) put the icing in swran wrap and rolled it up...then put the two colours that were wrapped in swran into a piping bag with her coupler and tip. She also had pics to show how she did it. It looked like a really cool and cheap way to do it. If you look for it maybe you can find it. Good luck and happy caking. icon_biggrin.gif

ellentwn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellentwn Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 2:55am
post #5 of 10

i just fill one side of bag with white and the other with black. with a little practice you can get it pretty even. works for me. good luck!

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 2:56am
post #6 of 10

I don't know why the link got blocked but try Sugarcraft

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 2:57am
post #7 of 10

You can double-load a regular bag.

You can put one color into the bag smooshing it one side and then load in the other being careful not to mix them. You need to load equal amounts of both colors and you might have to squeeze out some until the 2 colors are coming out evenly from the tip. I do this for my hydrangea flowers--not overly concerned if the colors blend a little.

OR

You can check out the "sticky" about make frosting plugs--frosting wrapped into clear wrap sausages. Make a sausage of each color, drop both into a bag and your are good to go.

HTH
Kristy

pursuing_perfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pursuing_perfection Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 3:03am
post #8 of 10

I agree. "Frosting plugs" of the same size are the way to go.

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 3:57am
post #9 of 10

thanks guys...I saw the picture in kitagrl's photos as to what I am trying to achieve. It is the zebra cake and cuppies. I PMed her and also left her a comment for some help..thanks, I will try both suggestions and see what works best. THANK YOU for all your help...

KUUISMA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KUUISMA Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 4:36am
post #10 of 10

I fill two disposable bags with the different frostings and then put them both into a larger cloth bag, side by side. it works great. You just have to remember to squeeze evenly. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%