Deep Purple Fondant

Decorating By FleurDeCake Updated 31 Aug 2010 , 9:20pm by FleurDeCake

FleurDeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FleurDeCake Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 6

I asked this same question in the forums before but or some reason I can not view all of my forum posts so I am asking again.
I need to fid a gel color that won't fade when used to color fondant. I have t make a deep purple fondant for swags on a wedding cake and want to preserve the deep color .

5 replies
AnotherCreation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnotherCreation Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 2:08pm
post #2 of 6

don't think it's the answer your looking for, but I made a deep purple this weekend. I used violet and then added red and blue a little at a time till I got a really deep purple.

michel30014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michel30014 Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 6

Hey,

Check out this link and look at the majestic purple. Is this the color you need? I would suggest buying some of this as they have an excellent reputation and the purples do not bleed or change colors. They stand the test of time!!

http://www.sugarpaste.com/colors/colors.htm

Good luck and hope this helps!

FleurDeCake Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 11:00pm
post #4 of 6

thanks will try the chrystal color

nonilm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonilm Posted 30 Aug 2010 , 11:12pm
post #5 of 6

I had to make some purple bows for a wedding cake recently and decided to order colored fondant to avoid just this issue. They did fade only slightly when dried but polishing them up with shortening brightened them back up again!

That being said I started using Americolor gels (you can get them at Hobby Lobby or Global Sugar Art) recently and they seem to hold their color well in fondant.

FleurDeCake Posted 31 Aug 2010 , 9:20pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much for the help everyone .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%