Help! Whipped White Chocolate Ganache...

Baking By est Updated 29 Aug 2010 , 2:36am by Foxicakes

est Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
est Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 6

I need some advice ASAP please!

I'm making a birthday cake and decided to do chocolate cake with whipped white chocolate ganache filling. I just tried making the whipped ganache and it's a sticky mess!

I'm a hobby baker and a total beginner and have never made whipped ganache before. Found some instructions and I went ahead and tried to make it, but after about 5 minutes of whipping, it's still very runny. I used white chocolate and heavy cream in a ratio of 3:1. Where did I go wrong?

The stuff tastes really good, but there is no way I can use that sticky stuff as a filling. Any ideas what did I do wrong and is there a way I can still use this yummy white chocolate mess?

Thanks!

5 replies
reenie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reenie Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 9:58pm
post #2 of 6

If it is still warm, you have to let it cool to at least room temp or cooler so that the heavy cream can fluff for you. If it is still sticky, I'd try adding more heavy cream to try and "water it down" a bit. I usually use a ratio of 2:1 white chocolate to heavy cream when I make mine.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 1:10am
post #3 of 6

your problem is that 3:1.

go read this.. it will help you. icon_biggrin.gif http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=685062&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

we do get a little off topic on the second page icon_biggrin.gif

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 6

I just made whipped white choc ganache this past week, and I used 3:1. 24 oz white choc to 8 oz heavy whipping cream. It worked fine. I made my ganache, let it sit overnight, then whipped it up the next day. Whipped up beautiful!

Did you let it sit overnight, or at least until it set up?

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 6:16pm
post #5 of 6

You have to let it set first and then whip

Foxicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foxicakes Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 2:36am
post #6 of 6

I had the same question about 6 weeks ago. It needs to be COLD. Like let it sit overnight. If you don't have that long, you may want to add more cream (like a 1/2 cup more) and about half of a packet of Jello White Chocolate instant pudding mix. (The "regular" is hard to find, but the Sugar Free is usually pretty readily available and tastes great in the ganache). Depending on how much you are making---sorry, you gave the ratio but not the actual amounts---that should make it fluff up for you. IF by chance you are making more than 12oz of white chocolate, you may want to add 1 whole cup more whipping cream and the entire packet of pudding mix.

Oh! and another thing, make SURE that you put a piece of plastic wrap, etc. right on top of the mixture so a skin does not form. Believe me...I didn't do it the first time and I will not make that mistake again! (what a mess!!) Anyway, HTH!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%