Remmey From Cake Boss Is In Jail!

Lounge By mellormom Updated 26 Sep 2010 , 6:31pm by LisaPeps

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 22

According to TMZ he has been there since the 18th for sexual assault on a minor!
He has been in jail since the 18th and TMZ is just now breaking the story! They really dropped the ball on this one! LOL
Just had to share! (knowing me though this is old news. LOL)
Jen...

21 replies
emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 22

I did some other searching and I think TMZ has the info wrong. I don't think he assaulted a minor, but that the "endangering a minor" was a result of the minor being PRESENT at the time of the sexual assault on someone else (there are other gossip sites with a better grasp of the situation).

However, we do have the "innocent until proven guilty" justice system here. :/ I hope that no matter what really happened, the family can find some peace during this time.

ETA: Mainstream media article, not gossip mag: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38863666/ns/today-entertainment/

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 2:55pm
post #3 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky

I hope that no matter what really happened, the family can find some peace during this time.

Ditto... icon_sad.gif

DefyGravity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DefyGravity Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 22

Yikes icon_sad.gif

stacey71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacey71 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 22

..creepy

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 4:52pm
post #6 of 22

I read a few other news stories on it, for example: http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20100826/COMMUNITIES/308260023/1005/NEWS01/Report--Brother-in-law-of--Cake-Boss--held-in-Morris-County-jail-on-sexual-assault-charges

That one says the victim's age is between 13 and 16 and that there was penetration involved.

emrldsky Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 4:55pm
post #7 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I read a few other news stories on it, for example: http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20100826/COMMUNITIES/308260023/1005/NEWS01/Report--Brother-in-law-of--Cake-Boss--held-in-Morris-County-jail-on-sexual-assault-charges

That one says the victim's age is between 13 and 16 and that there was penetration involved.

If he really did do it, I hope he's locked up for a long time!!!

I just pray pray pray that it isn't Lisa's older daughter. icon_sad.gif I can't remember how old she is, but if I remember correctly, she's around that age or close to.

ETA: Seems Lisa's daughter is 7, so most likely not her. Not that it's any better to be ANYONE'S child, but I think it's worse when the person is in the role of a parent to the victim.

cinjam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinjam Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 5:08pm
post #8 of 22

What I found interesting is that no one has posted his bail.

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 5:49pm
post #9 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinjam

It makes you wonder if the family thinks he's guilty!

emrldsky Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 5:50pm
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinjam

It makes you wonder if the family thinks he's guilty!

According to the latest article posted in this thread, he admitted his guilt. If that's the case, that would explain why no one has posted his bail.

DefyGravity Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 7:30pm
post #11 of 22

In all honesty, he's probably safer in jail. If I knew anyone who did that kind of thing, I'd have a hard time not beating the snot out of them.

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 8:29pm
post #12 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyGravity

In all honesty, he's probably safer in jail. If I knew anyone who did that kind of thing, I'd have a hard time not beating the snot out of them.

AMEN!

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 10:02pm
post #13 of 22

What I find most scary about the whole thing is that he comes across on TV as such a nice guy, kind of quiet and not one to start a row, apparently loves his wife and kids, works hard etc. Pretty normal guy really icon_eek.gif

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 10:21pm
post #14 of 22

Sick SOB screwing around with a 14 yr old girl. I hope they leave him in jail and he gets what he deserves!

stacey71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacey71 Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 7:24am
post #15 of 22

I agree Dayti, its EXTREMELY disturbing. Im married to a great guy but sometimes (god pls forgive me for saying so) I occasionally think that all men are at their core, predators.

mellormom Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 10:52am
post #16 of 22

Did you ever notice though that he isn't shown much on the show. There are several episodes where you don't even see him at all. I often wondered why. (before the story broke) Now I know. So much for employee if the month! LOL
Jen...

dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 2:23pm
post #17 of 22
Quote:

Depending on the specifics of what he did, probably not. People who abuse children are seen as even the lowest of the low by inmates and generally have a significantly rougher time of it.

(Please note that I'm not implying have sympathy for him. I assure you, I don't.)

DefyGravity Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 3:28pm
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchockeyguy

Quote:

Depending on the specifics of what he did, probably not. People who abuse children are seen as even the lowest of the low by inmates and generally have a significantly rougher time of it.

(Please note that I'm not implying have sympathy for him. I assure you, I don't.)

Eh, either way. My heart's not really bleeding for him.

mellormom Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 4:45pm
post #19 of 22

If he did stuff to a child he is safer out of jail. That is heavily frowned upon among inmates!
Jen...

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 8:18pm
post #20 of 22

Seems the victim is 14 yrs old...no gender given: http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/08/cake_boss_brother-in-law.html

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Aug 2010 , 10:31pm
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellormom

If he did stuff to a child he is safer out of jail. That is heavily frowned upon among inmates! Jen...

Most of my inlaws are/were in law enforcement and based on their conversations, I have to agree with this and the other similar statements. Child molesters are the lowest of the low in the prison system.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 26 Sep 2010 , 6:31pm
post #22 of 22

I work in a prison and the child molesters, child murders and rapists have their own "wing" in the jail called VPU - Vulnerable Prisoner Unit... nicknamed Vile Prisoner Unit.

They are segregated away from normal population for their own protection, though there are still assaults.

They are 100% the lowest of the low, it's a shame corporal and capital punishment have been outlawed in the UK.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%