1St Cake Distaster! Wedding Cake Collapsed! Need Advise..pls

Decorating By sonimik Updated 15 Sep 2010 , 12:18am by angelwings1

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 4:57am
post #31 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

I'm still trying to figure out how you got another cake baked, deorated and delivered in 4 hours.

First thought that came into my mind, too. Whew!

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 3:31pm
post #32 of 35

It sounds as though you have received great advice..( it is spelled a d v i C e... just a pet peeve ). I am grateful for the all of the postings as education for newbie's like myself. I learn so much every day from the board and all the great artists on here. I wish I were 1/100th as talented but I continue to practice practice practice. Thanks again for all the great information.

what_a_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
what_a_cake Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 4:35pm
post #33 of 35

Hi sonimik

I live in Houston too and, sadly, share your story...recently I had two collapsed cakes in the same day due to heat. In my case I make the tremendous mistake of using natural fruit mousse fillings on fondant covered cakes icon_surprised.gif
Was able to take out the damaged tier and fix a different smaller version of the cake. However, gave full refund in both cases. One of the customers, being a friend of mine, was reluctant to take money back but finally agreed she would have expected full refund on a similar situation with any other provider.

MrsNancyB1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsNancyB1 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 11:50pm
post #34 of 35

I'm sorry this happened to you.

I'm curious though, how you are able to bake out of your house and charge for a wedding cake. I thought it was illegal to charge money for cakes baked out of your home. Disregard my post if the laws have changed in TX, and I'm unaware.

angelwings1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelwings1 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 12:18am
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNancyB1

I'm curious though, how you are able to bake out of your house and charge for a wedding cake. I thought it was illegal to charge money for cakes baked out of your home. Disregard my post if the laws have changed in TX, and I'm unaware.

Come on. Why does every topic have to end up with this kind of post? People cook and bake from their homes all the time. If their friends and family want to compensate them for their expenses and time, so what? They aren't hurting anyone, just trying to bring in a little extra money. This economy sucks, in case no one has noticed!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%