How Do I Find Supplies?

Sugar Work By sweetonyouzz Updated 25 Aug 2010 , 1:24pm by sweetonyouzz

sweetonyouzz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetonyouzz Posted 23 Aug 2010 , 9:32pm
post #1 of 3

I am really wanting a basic set for making sugar blown bubbles and small scuptures for my cake business. Does anybody know where to get something like this. The closest I found was a kit that would set me back over 1000.
Thanks so much to anybody who can help me!!

2 replies
dchockeyguy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 7:18pm
post #2 of 3

Wow, that's tough, but it seems like a lot of money to me. You're better off having a warming box for doing your work, but you can make them yourself out of PVC, a light, and some vinyl. Most of the rest of the things you need aren't too expensive, unless you want like a giant silpat.

sweetonyouzz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetonyouzz Posted 25 Aug 2010 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 3

thanks, I think that the pump I can probably make myself if I new where to buy them. The kit is really neat but it is shipped from Europe and I just do not think that I can justify spending that much for now after all the $$$ I spent on other molds and equipment when I set up in April. Thanks for the advice though, never thought about making the warmer myself!

Quote by @%username% on %date%