Generic Boys' Cakes

Decorating By danisandy Updated 21 Aug 2010 , 5:59am by danisandy

danisandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danisandy Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 6:36am
post #1 of 4

Hey, I'm a student in Australia for the semester from the US and looking for a job. I have an interview Monday for a company that does ice cream cakes and they are looking for someone to make fondant/gumpaste pieces to stick on cakes and make them look like a generic birthday cake for boys. So far all I can think of are soccer balls and pirate hats, anyone have any other ideas?? The usual baseballs and footballs can't really be applied down here.

Side note: I'm 'newtothis's daughter icon_smile.gif hi mommy!

3 replies
poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 12:23pm
post #2 of 4
hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 4

Animals, especially dinosaurs, bugs, dogs, and "fierce" creatures like tigers and alligators. For younger boys, other "safari" animals, frogs, teddy bears and so on work as well.

Vehicles, especially trucks, construction equipment, fire engines, race cars, motorcycles, speedboats, rockets and airplanes.

Robots, and other mechanical stuff. Building blocks, for younger boys. Computers and video game controllers, for older boys.

Superheros. Capes, masks, shields.

Rock band/punk themes and "skater style" motifs: electric guitars, lightning bolts and stars, skull-and-crossbones, graffiti-style lettering.

Bicycles, skateboards, surfboards, skis/snowboards. Little red wagon, for younger boys.

Besides pirates, you could do knights, kings, soldiers/military of various kinds, martial arts fighters and boxers, pilots, construction workers (hard hats and tools combine nicely with dump trucks and excavators), spies, cowboys, police and firefighters.

Sports themes aren't limited to soccer balls and baseballs. Besides things like surfing and boxing, how about hockey? Basketball?

HTH

danisandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
danisandy Posted 21 Aug 2010 , 5:59am
post #4 of 4

Thank you! Now that you've given these instructions it's like 'duhhh why didn't I think of that'. Just bought a few icing colors and will make some fondant tomorrow. Thanks again!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%