Thick Fiiling Recipies?

Baking By durell87 Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 6:21pm by durell87

durell87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
durell87 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 5:48am
post #1 of 5

Hi im still a newbie and my second tiered cake i ever did crashed due to the filling being to thin or slippery or something. another filling i just made for cupcakes was also to then and really made a mess. does anyone have any nice thick or fluffy creamy filling recipies theyd like to share? not really looking for fruit or ganashe recipies but like custards or creams nice and light and not too sweet? lol i know thats a little specific but i just have this visionn i cant make happen and its getting really frustrating errr lol
thanks! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 11:26am
post #2 of 5

Do a search for recipes containing Rich's Bettercreme (you get it at GFS) there are a lot of them out there, and it works perfectly for fillings!

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 12:35pm
post #3 of 5

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/715/giant-ding-dong-cake

I've used this recipe here posted above for just the filling for cupcakes. Its light and easy to fill with the fill-tip into cuppies. Cooked milk does not require refrigeration, either icon_smile.gif And I've added different flavorings, too, to match the cake.

This is another recipe, similar to that posted above:

Filling
1/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
3/4 cup white shortening
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 tsp. vanilla

To make the filling, combine milk and flour into small pot and wisk continuously on medium heat until the mexture becomes thick. Remove from heat and let come to room temperature. Meanwhile, in your mixer, add sugar, shortening, butter and vanilla, and beat until light and fluffy.

Add in the cooled milk/flour mixture and beat for a few more minutes until it becomes light, fluffy and well incorporated.
Ready to fill your cupcakes! Its easy to do with a piping bag and the long skinny tip...can't remember what tip# it is!

Another super easy "custard" type is mix a small box of "cook and serve" pudding with Pastry Pride and whip it up nice and fluffy.

If your filling is too thin, you can always thicken it up with cornstarch, too.

HTH! icon_smile.gif

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 12:55pm
post #4 of 5

I use the instant pudding mixes with the Bettercream, never tried using the cook and serve type.

durell87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
durell87 Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 5

These are great thanks might try one tonight!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%