Help Hot Pink Mess

Decorating By mocakiss86 Updated 12 Oct 2010 , 4:55pm by Foolhardyheroes

mocakiss86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakiss86 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 1:56pm
post #1 of 12

Need some help. Need Hot pink fondant for a wedding cake today. Dyed it last night and just keeps going teracota or salmon color. I has darkened over night but nowhere near hot pink.

Started with plain white and used wilton pink and rose. may be the problem.

Any ideas. I do have a pink shimmer dust that helps but not quite there, Thanks so much for any ideas

11 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 3:36pm
post #2 of 12

I've heard using a lot of "soft pink" actually makes a good hot pink fondant. Don't know about wilton colors though..I stay away from them. I use americolor. Much more concentrated. hth

mocakiss86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakiss86 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 5:58pm
post #3 of 12

Thanks I'll give them a try. Most wilton stuff I am not happy with but very limited on local purchases.

sullymel13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sullymel13 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 12

I have used Wilton's Rose for a nice hot pink, but it wasn't for fondant. That probably doesn't help, but good luck!

KTB4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KTB4 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 9:40pm
post #5 of 12

Wilton Rose will give you hot pink I've done it many times (cake in my photos I used it) but I find that the Pink goes very orangey.

Hope you figure it out.

Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 10:01pm
post #6 of 12

I used Wilton Rose on fondant and got hot pink! It was a small amount, but it worked!

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 9:00am
post #7 of 12

I use wilton 'Rose' for hot pink...works well for me as long as what I'm colouring is white to start with.

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 8:31pm
post #8 of 12

I bought CK hot pink and it was fabulous.

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 8:41pm
post #9 of 12

Americolor has a great hot pink

ttehan4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ttehan4 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 8:45pm
post #10 of 12

I think the Americolor hot pink is the best too. It really keeps its color and takes a small amount.

I've used rose before too and added a tiny bit of CK fushia.

TrixieTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrixieTreats Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 9:19pm
post #11 of 12

Americolor's Deep Pink is a good hot pink without being fluorescent, or if you need to stick with wilton colors or whatever colors you have on hand, I believe if you go with your rose or other softer pink color and add red little by little, you will get a hot pink by balancing the two colors.

Foolhardyheroes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Foolhardyheroes Posted 12 Oct 2010 , 4:55pm
post #12 of 12

Funny you should mention this. I JUST had a near cake disaster as a result fro, simular problem. Like you. I'm limited on cake deco resources, so I generally just use wilton coloring. My most recent cake was supposed to be hot pink with black polkadots and a black ribbon and bow as the base. In the end I WAS able to pull it off... but only out of pure luck.... I used the rose color and it just wasn't vibrant ebough.... by the time I got the color I was looking for I had practically ruined my marshmello fondant! It was all crumbly and gross.. and as u can imagine the same went for the black... I was able to roll it out but not with out A LOT of trial and error. It just kept breaking apart!!! D:

A lot of u mentioned Americolor? If it is more concentrated could it prevent this? Or was it just a bad batch of marshmello fondant?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%