Irish Car Bomb Recipe Please!

Baking By adamsmom Updated 7 Sep 2010 , 11:47pm by Pallison

adamsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsmom Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 8:10pm
post #1 of 20

I know that I've seen someone post some pictures on here of some Irish Car Bomb cupcakes. I'd love to know the recipe so I can make some for my dad's birthday coming up this weekend. Thanks in advance! icon_biggrin.gif

Crystal

19 replies
LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 8:29pm
post #2 of 20

You can Google the words "irish car bomb cake or cupcakes" and it will come up. I have seen the recipe, but didn't save it. But it's out there in the internet world.

divinecc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
divinecc Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 8:42pm
post #3 of 20

Macsmom has one on her googledocs page. Just look her up on the member list and in her profile you will see the gourmet flavor google doc attatchment!

taniabanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taniabanana Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 9:19pm
post #4 of 20

Blimey, that's quite a weird name for something sweet. As someone from the UK, I think we would have to find a slightly more appropriate name. It makes me feel a little uncomfortable. icon_confused.gif

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 11:36pm
post #5 of 20
LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 12:48am
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by taniabanana

Blimey, that's quite a weird name for something sweet. As someone from the UK, I think we would have to find a slightly more appropriate name. It makes me feel a little uncomfortable. icon_confused.gif

I totally agree, and I'm not even from the UK. Although I do have a wee bit of irish in me. icon_wink.gif Okay, 50%. icon_rolleyes.gif

gemmamarie33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gemmamarie33 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 4:45pm
post #7 of 20

I did not think a flav of a cake make me so grrrrrr. What a stupid and tackless name for a cake . icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

adamsmom Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 2:34pm
post #8 of 20

Sorry everyone for the name of the cupcake thumbsdown.gif .....I thought it just sounded delicious. Thanks for the link luvbuttercream! This sounds absolutely delish!!! Maybe we can think of a different name for it.....any ideas?? icon_lol.gif

Pallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pallison Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 9:12pm
post #9 of 20

That is the name of the alcoholic shot drink the cupcake is fashioned after.....there are lots and lots of pretty tacky names for shots, some outrageously tacky and big time offensive in my opinion.....but changing the name would kind of defeat the purpose of making a cupcake to match the shot, I would think...but heck, what do I know, call it whatever you want...!!!!! icon_smile.gif

Goldberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goldberry Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 9:15pm
post #10 of 20

As someone who spent 10 years in the military in the UK and had to check under her car every time she went out to her car I do find it quite a tackless name. thumbsdown.giftapedshut.gif

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 10:31pm
post #11 of 20

I made some of these last week and they were great. As for the name a buddy of mine changed it to Guinness Gasm icon_smile.gif

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 26 Aug 2010 , 10:51pm
post #12 of 20

I have a recipe for chocolate Guinness cake with Bailey's in the icing... I make it for the Irish side of my family on St. Patrick's Day. But we just call it the Guinness cake.

Goldberry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goldberry Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 6:08am
post #13 of 20

Guiness cake sounds much better!!!! Although I can;t stand the stuff icon_biggrin.gif

adamsmom Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 2:06pm
post #14 of 20

Oooo! I do like the name Guiness cake. And I can't stand it either, lol! icon_razz.gif

sabriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabriana Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 2:23pm
post #15 of 20

Here is the recipe I use for car bomb cupcakes - they are quite popular where I live (people don't get their knickers in a twist about the name here). Good luck and enjoy them!

by the way - I live in Ireland.

http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/01/car-bomb-cupcakes/

KATHIESKREATIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 27 Aug 2010 , 10:43pm
post #16 of 20

sabriana, well, after 2 hours checking out the site you posted, I want to thank you so much for it! They have so much on there, but the cupcakes do look amazing & I can't wait to try them after reading the entire blog about them! THANKS MUCH!!! icon_smile.gif

sabriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sabriana Posted 29 Aug 2010 , 2:57pm
post #17 of 20

You are so welcome. Everything I have tried on there has been a winner and the Guinness Cupcakes are the hit of my town...

Have fun!

When I get an email from her, I am always ready to spark up the ole cooker to try whatever she's made.

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 5 Sep 2010 , 9:56pm
post #18 of 20

I have the recipe on my site too. just type guinness in the search.

Aedans_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aedans_Cakes Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 11:08pm
post #19 of 20

I just made these cupcakes this weekend and they are just divine! I highly suggest them - but maybe not for your kids birthday party! I ended up adding more whiskey to the gnosh and a LOT more Baileys to the frosting. They were a big hit!!

Pallison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pallison Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 11:47pm
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedans_Cakes

.......................I ended up adding more whiskey to the gnosh and a LOT more Baileys to the frosting. They were a big hit!!

You sound like my kind of baker...!!!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%