Not To Be Ugly But It Really Does Help

Decorating By mcdonald Updated 20 Oct 2010 , 1:28am by indydebi

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 3:07am
post #1 of 11

This discussion starts up every few months and I really don't want anyone to take this the wrong way but I know a lot of people don't worry about listing a description about their cake but if you could please list some "key" words so that we can all search and find all the beautiful cakes!!! It is really very helpful. I hate the thought of so many cakes getting "lost" because someone couldn't find them in a search!!!

Again... not complaining, just asking.. also letting so many new people know about this valuable little tool!!

10 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 3:18am
post #2 of 11

I call that a - constructive suggestion.... thumbs_up.gif

Bluehue

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 3:35am
post #3 of 11

I agree Mcdonald!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 4:01am
post #4 of 11

This would probably go a long way getting those "undernoticed cakes" noticed, as well....

poohsmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poohsmomma Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 11:44am
post #5 of 11

The main reason I put cakes into my favorites is if they DON'T have those key words. If they do I know I can find them again; If they don't I know I'll never see them-or be able to find them-again.

thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 12:00pm
post #6 of 11

icon_redface.gif sooo that's what the key words button, thingy is for. Thanks, learn something new about this computer thing everyday.

cloetzu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cloetzu Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 1:09pm
post #7 of 11

I agree but for a time there I couldn't add any key words or a description to my uploads - I'd type the information in but when I uploaded it was gone ;( this was in August ...

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 2:07pm
post #8 of 11

You should be able to add them to pictures you have already posted. Just "edit" and add the description and keywords you want on there.

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 18 Oct 2010 , 2:51pm
post #9 of 11

I went to re edit my picture over a week ago and nothing changed. Posted on the technical forum, no answer, posted again, got an answer that Jackie was out of town for the week and would look into it. I have yet to see any further responses on that thread and my words still aren't updated.

julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 12:58am
post #10 of 11

I agree and I also appreciate it when the baker adds a little description about what he/she did. It helps us novice people!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Oct 2010 , 1:28am
post #11 of 11

I've sent a PM or two and suggested they go in and edit the keywords to add one that I thought might help find it better! Also use various spellings. If doing an M&M cake, enter keywords of "M&M" and "M & M". If doing a Coke cake, enter keywords of "Coke" and "Coca Cola". Etc. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%