Im Sure This Has Been Asked A Million Times...

Decorating By amandab1223 Updated 16 Aug 2010 , 6:26pm by sandy1

amandab1223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amandab1223 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 2

How long can bc sit out? Im newly getting into cake decorating and my daughters party is this sat. my bc recipe contains butter,crisco,butter flavor, vanilla & almond extracts, powdered sugar, salt, & meringue powder. Can i make her cake wed. let it sit overnight & settle, make the bc thurs or friday and ice the cake and let it sit out till sat morning before the party and then decorate. I will be decorating with bc and some mm fondant cut outs Im letting dry out. What days should I do what? Do I need to cover the cake with plastic wrap or anything so it doesnt get hard? Thank you so much!!!

1 reply
sandy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandy1 Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 2

Butter breaks down faster than shortening, if you live in a hot, humid climate you may find using just shortening holds up better. If you use a crusting butter cream icing, recipes here, CC, under recipes. The crusting butter cream crusts over just a bit allowing the rest of it and the cake below to stay nice and moist. You can leave your cake out for a few days, as long as you don't fill it with a filling that requires refrigeration. I have iced my cakes two days in advance and decorated them the day before without any problems. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%