What Do You Use To Decorate Your Cake Boards?

Decorating By Cargen Updated 9 Jan 2017 , 9:53pm by Frostedfantasies08

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 24 Aug 2010 , 3:02pm
post #31 of 33

If you go to Michael's there are different brands of cello wrap where the basket stuff is. At least one of them is FDA food safe and says so right on the label. Many of them are not so just double check. When I work in buttercream I always have a buttercream border that is directly on the cake board so I have to use food safe items to cover my boards. Cello is a lot harder to work with than contact paper but I know me and I'm not willing to risk it.

I just started covering boards in fondant and I really like the look because it's subtle and clean. I've never had problems with finger prints if I let it dry.

Frostedfantasies08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frostedfantasies08 Posted 9 Jan 2017 , 9:48pm
post #32 of 33

Hi all. My name is Sonia and im a cake decorator and maker. I have come up with the best way to cover your boards. I was tired of covering my boards with fondant. Esp when having 5 to 7 cakes of a weekend. I invented a new way of covering boards. No more fondant! It will save you time and money and itll give you a much more professional look also. Please head to my fb page for the information. You will be amazed how cheap abd easy my boards are to use and purchase.

Https/www.facebook.com/Decorative-cake-boards-NO-MORE-Fondant-1745530158999678/

My email address is [email protected] for all enquries. 

Good luck guys and happy baking!!!

Frostedfantasies08 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frostedfantasies08 Posted 9 Jan 2017 , 9:53pm
post #33 of 33

Hi All - My name is Sonia and here is my fb page - This will give you the best way to cover your boards - its easy and cheap - no more fondant rolling. My boards are all food safe and gives your cake boards a more professional look with its beautiful colours and designs.

https://www.facebook.com/Decorative-Cake-Boards-NO-MORE-Fondant-1745530158999678/

Keep it out! 

Im based in Sydney - please feel free to message on fb or on my email - [email protected].

Enjoy your day and happy baking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%