Cookies For Kids Cancer

Baking By mamakasst Updated 17 Aug 2010 , 11:40am by Cookies4kids

mamakasst Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamakasst Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 4

This may not be in the right forum topic but since it relates to cookies I thought I'd post it here.

I am in charge of organizing the bake sale for my church. I am really excited but have never done anything like this! I was wondering if anyone has ever participated or organized a bake sale for the Cookies for Kids Cancer and has some advice? If anyone else has any helpful advice it would be much appreciated! (even recipies!! icon_biggrin.gif )

3 replies
CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 3:03pm
post #2 of 4

Sorry, i'm no help as I've never participated or organized, but good luck! I'll give you a bump back to the top.

Have you tried asking the charity if they have tips?

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 4

As with any bake sale, simple usually always sells! Cupcakes with sprinkles, brownies, chocolate chip cookies. The favorites are hard to beat! An attractive display with the charity's name up-front would be a plus.

Cookies4kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookies4kids Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 11:40am
post #4 of 4

I have not done a sale for the Cancer Society, but I do a lot for my "kids" at Camp Friendship which is a place for severely disabled children to spend a week in the summer. When I first started, I was afraid to put the prices too high for fear of not selling, but I have found that people will willingly spend for something like this. Putting pictures of the children in easy view of the buyers also helps a lot as they can see who it is that they are supporting. When it comes to helping children and young adults, people really come through when they can see what their money is going to. We also try to do a lot of things that relate to a holiday that is coming up such as Halloween, Christmas, etc.
Good luck and feel free to ask any questions as I love to help if I can.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%