Filling & Refridgeration

Decorating By shenninger Updated 19 Aug 2010 , 10:14pm by LeeBD

shenninger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shenninger Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 4

I made Macsmom tuxedo cake w/ white and milk chocolate truffle fillings. I covered the cakes in bc and then w/ mmf. My question is how long can these cakes stay out of the fridge. I had it in overnight but this was before I added the gumpast flowers. The lady will be picking up the cake in about 5 hours and she will be driving another 2 1/2 hours to her destination. I advised her to refridgerate overnight for a shower tomorrow but really how long can it stay out and will the fridge effect the gumpast cutouts? Please any help will be greatly appreciated. I am not new to cakes but new to fillings and covering cakes w/ mmf. Thanks. icon_confused.gif
LL

3 replies
egensinnig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
egensinnig Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 4

I always refridgerate all my cakes so I would advise you to keep it in the fridge as long as possible. My gumpaste decorations has not been affected by refridgeration - but I have a very dry environment i my fridge.

shenninger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shenninger Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 6:37pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much. I appreciate your advice. I have been so worried about the gumpaste. I have checked on it several times and it seems fine. Though I don't know if several hours will cause it to get soft. I guess I have just got to live and learn. I just wish I was doing so w/ my own personal cake and not one I made for someone else. icon_redface.gif

LeeBD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeBD Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 10:14pm
post #4 of 4

where can I find the recipe for the tuxedo cake? sounds interesting. did a search here but came up empty.

thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%