Fbct

Decorating By LittleFox09 Updated 1 Sep 2010 , 2:51am by doramoreno62

LittleFox09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleFox09 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 8

Ok so here is a newbie/inexpirenced decorator question. How in the heck do I do a FBCT? I have looked for a discussion on it and cant seem to find one. I have a customer who I am sure is going to want a strawberry shortcake cake that requires me to do a fbct. Thanks in advance for your help!

7 replies
Jess1019 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess1019 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 8

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 10:53pm
post #3 of 8

I just did lady (from lady and the tramp) the other day and it was really pretty easy.. You tape your picture to a hard flat surface.. board or cookie sheet then I covered it with a clear piece of vinyl I had cut at joann's for a fondant mat and some smaller pieces. I taped some wax paper to the vinyl and then started outlining the picture. You do it in layers and then freeze for at least 90 minutes. By using the vinyl I could pull it up and check out how it was looking. hth.
I have not posted it as I have not figured out a cake to put it on yet.. just wanted to play with FBCT..lol

BillieH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BillieH Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 11:01pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess1019

I love this video, and the music! Same video I used to learn how to do it.
Good luck and have fun! icon_smile.gif

momtofourmonkeys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momtofourmonkeys Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 12:33am
post #5 of 8
pooky1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pooky1969 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 12:48am
post #6 of 8

I just made my first FBCT not too long ago. I also found the article that momtofourmonkeys posted. Very easy to follow.

Here's the links to the cakes that I have used the FBCT with:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1743629

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1758438

Good Luck! You'll do great!

Babypickles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babypickles Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 2:13am
post #7 of 8

I did my first one about a month ago. I was very excited I couldn't believe how easy it was! I tape my picture and wax paper on a clear clipboard so I can see the other side whenever I want to peak. Have fun with it and experiment!

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 1 Sep 2010 , 2:51am
post #8 of 8

I love doing them. I've found that if you use the cheaper store brand tub frosting (I use Vons) for the outline, it peels of cleaner. I tried with Duncan Hines and some of it stuck to the waxed paper when I lifted it. I've also done them on parchment paper although it's not as transparent as waxed paper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%