I have been asked many times about these, so I thought I would post. Any questions contact me.....
Bubblegum balls (small or large)
Wax or parchment paper
Flower nail (optional)
Tips 1, 3, 7, 21 (most popular)
Royal Icing (medium to thick consistency)
Note: some people I know that do these do one at a time (hence the flower nail) my aunt just pulls a long sheet of paper out on the counter and does it like an assembly line. Its quicker, and easier for herthis way as you let them dry they all get the same drying time.
1) With tip 21, make a ring of royal icing. The ring should be about ½ inch wider then the gumball, so it will hold the ball and the decorations. Let dry 15-20 mins.
2) With tip 7, make the legs/paws of the animal. Go from the bottom of the ball to the middle and come down and angled out (the out will be the foot/paw), depending on the animal you are doing, you need to put a ball of icing in between the front legs to form front paws. (If you are doing a baby you would got to the top of the bent knees and pipe out arms from the bent knee area to almost the tummy. You would use tip 1 (or 2 or 3) to add fingers)
3) With tip 7, make the head (round circle), cheeks, ears. Flatten the balls slightly that will be the cheeks, (for detail). (For people you would pipe ears with tips 1,2 or3)
4) With tip 3, add nose, and with tip 1 add the eyes.
5) Add detail from here mane, bows, etc.
6) Let them dry at least overnight. You can package them up the next morning if you have to.
I think I have seen some of these before...but I was wondering if you have any pictures? I would love to see them. Thanks
Thanks for the instructions.
Thanks for the instructions, do you have any pix of them?
if you google "bubblegum buddies" on google images you'll get 100's of photos!!
Thank you KHalstead..I will look there!
This is the first that I have seen or heard of these....they are sooo cute. I wonder what the backs look like, are they finished looking at all or not. I guess that would depend on what you want to do with them
WOW, a whole new world I didnt know about ! Thanks.
I saw them!! awww so cute! Thanks for the instructions flayvurdfun.
Thanks for shsring, this is something totaly new to me. I have only used fondant and gumpaste. Im looking forward to try that.
these are a cute idea
I tried it out![/img]
Those are adorable! Thanks for sharing the instructions.
Saw these in candy shop for 2.50 each! Wish my kids were younger so I could get away with making my own for Easter baskets!
Thanks for the instructions. Can't wait to try them. Looks like fun.
Thanks for the instructions!
Thanks for sharing your instructions on making Bubblegum Buddies. After 10 years I finally have a reason to make them for my daughters baby shower gifts. Do you or anyone else know where I can buy small plastic display containers for each one, cheap? I need 40, yikes, I'm going to be a pro after making that many.
Here's what I'm planning on making. The plastic container is only 2 1/4" tall X 1 1/2" wide.
Sorry all... I don't get much time to get on here anymore, I hope all your bubblegum buddies came out fantastic!